• Computer & PC Games
• Console Games
• Arcade Games
• Pinball Machines
• Handheld Games
• Traditional Games
• PlayStation 2
• Game Boy Advance
• Nintendo 64
and more platforms...
You are a game expert?
You are interested in
sharing your knowledge?
Submit your data here:
• Top contributors
Units produced: Konami
Controls/Input Device: Control(joy8way), Buttons(1)
Number of Players: 2
Acting Talent involved:
More Machine Details:
More System Details:
Game Awards Nominations:
Game Awards Won:
Circus Charlie VGMuseum Game Endings
Circus Charlie on CAESAR
Circus Charlie high score and replay at MARP
Circus Charlie on datObase
MAME folder name: circusc
Display: raster 256x224 @ 60.00Hz (60.00 pixclock)
Sound: 1 channels
Emulated in MAME via driver circusc.c:
Status: good; Emulation: good
Graphic: good; Sound: good; Color: good
Palette size: 512; Savestate: supported
380_j06.11e with 8192kb
380_j07.12e with 8192kb
380_j08.13e with 8192kb
380_j09.14e with 8192kb
380_j10.15e with 8192kb
380_j11.16e with 8192kb
380_j12.4a with 8192kb
380_j13.5a with 8192kb
380_j16.10c with 256kb
380_j17.7b with 256kb
380_j18.2a with 32kb
380_l14.5c with 8192kb
380_l15.7c with 8192kb
380_q01.7h with 8192kb
380_q02.6h with 8192kb
380_r03.5h with 8192kb
380_r04.4h with 8192kb
380_s05.3h with 8192kb
- 0.147u2: hap fixed clone Omega Fighter Special. The game fails to boot or finish post. After showing bad rom errors, the game resets.
- 0.147u1: Fixed maincpu rom loading.
- 0.122u7: Fixed gfx1/2/3/4/5 rom loading.
- 0.89u3: Changed Z80 CPU2 clock speed to 5MHz.
- 0.37b10: Yochizo added 'Omega Fighter' (UPL 1989) and clone Omega Fighter Special.
- 21st November 2000: Yochizo fixed some graphics bugs in the Omega Fighter / Atomic Robo-kid driver.
- 8th November 2000: Yochizo sent in a driver for Omega Fighter and Atomic Robo-kid.
- 25th April 1999: Dumped Omega Fighter Special.
LEVELS: 8 (restarts once)
* FB Alpha
Recommended Games (Star Force):
Night Star (DECO Cassette)
Alpha Mission / ASO
Alpha Mission II / ASO II
Astro Warrior (Mega-Tech)
Truxton / Tatsujin
Tatsujin (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
Truxton II / Tatsujin Oh
GunHed (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
The Next Space
Super Star Soldier (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
Strike Gunner S.T.G
Final Star Force
Viper Phase 1
Mars Matrix: Hyper Solid Shooting
Romset: 2016 kb / 8 files / 457.8 zip
Credits Mameinfo and Mametesters Project Robert J. Rabgno et al.
Circus Charlie (c) 1984 Konami Industry Company, Limited.
Circus Charlie is a single-player abstract platform game in which the player must guide the eponymous Charlie through six different circus events. Bonus points can be won by finishing a level as quickly as possible, with further points awarded for collecting any of the money bags that occasionally appear.
Finally, additional bonus points are awarded for completing a level without losing a life. The game is over when all Circus Charlies are lost.
The six different events are:
1. Ride a lion and jump through fiery hoops and over blazing pots.
2. Jump over monkeys while walking a tightrope.
3. Bounce on trampolines, avoid fire breathers and sword jugglers.
4. Jump on giant, rolling beach balls.
5. Ride a horse while avoiding obstacles.
- TECHNICAL -
Game ID : GX380
Main CPU : Motorola M6809 (@ 2.048 Mhz)
Sound CPU : Zilog Z80 (@ 3.579545 Mhz)
Sound Chips : (2x) Texas Instruments SN76496 (@ 1.789772 Mhz), DAC, (3x) RC (@ 1.789772 Mhz)
Players : 2
Control : 2-Way Joystick
Buttons : 1 (JUMP)
- TRIVIA -
Circus Charlie was released in April 1984.
Also licensed to Centuri for US manufacture and distribution (February 1984).
Alessandro Laini, Giuseppe Strangio, Lorenzo Grande, Maurilio Pintus, and Neil Chapman all hold the record for this game with 999990 points on December 4, 1984; April 12, 1985; March 25, 1985; November 6, 1984; and June 5, 2000, respectively.
Alfa Records released a limited-edition soundtrack album for this game (Konami Game Music Vol.2 - ALC-22904) on September 25, 1986.
- TIPS AND TRICKS -
* Master the jump : Learning how Charlie can jump is the first step to mastering this game.
* Move forward and backward to adjust your position : If you just keep moving forward, there could be an obstacle at where you land after your jump. In such cases, move back a bit to adjust your position.
* Tons of secrets : There are a bunch of secrets bonuses hidden in this game.
1) Fire rings : Jump through a ring from your back first or jump 3 times at the starting point. Then a Charlie doll will appear from the front hanging. Catch it and get an extra player!
2) Fire rings : Jump over a pot from your back first and a coin may appear from the pot. Catch it to obtain bonus points. However, it happens only once per level. From which pot the coin may appear is determined randomly.
3) Fire rings : If you get to the goal after getting all dollar bags, a hawk brings a dollar bag and you obtain bonus points. This happens only if you have made no misses in that level.
4) Tightrope : If you jump over the brown and purple monkeys at once, you get a 1000-point bonus.
5) Tightrope : If you perform perpendicular jumps over all monkeys and complete the level, a hawk will bring a Charlie doll and you get an extra player.
6) Tightrope : Jump over the purple monkey from your back first and you get a 5000-point bonus.
7) Tightrope : Touch the hook beyond the goal and a dollar back appears. Reach the goal and you get a 5000-points bonus.
8) Trampoline : Get all dollar bags and reach the goal. A hawk will bring a dollar bag and you earn bonus points.
9) Acrobatic jump : Use the spring only once after jumping off the horse and get to the goal. A hawk will bring a Charlie doll and you get an extra player.
10) Trapeze : Grab onto a trapeze by skipping one and get bonus points.
11) Trapeze : Bounce off a trampoline and then grab onto a trapeze to get bonus points.
- PORTS -
* Consoles :
Nintendo Famicom [JP] (March 4, 1986) [Model SFC-CC]
Sega SG-1000 [KO] (198?)
Sony PlayStation [JP] (May 13, 1999; "Konami Arcade Classics [Model SLPM-86228]")
Sony PlayStation [US] (November 30, 1999; "Konami Arcade Classics [Model SLUS-00945]")
Nintendo DS [JP] (March 15, 2007; "Konami Arcade Collection [Model NTR-P-ASKJ (RY039-J1)"]
Nintendo DS [US] (March 30, 2007; "Konami Classics Series: Arcade Hits [Model NTR-ACXE-USA]")
Nintendo DS [EU] (October 26, 2007) "Konami Arcade Classics [Model NTR-P-ACXP]"
Nintendo DS [AU] (October 29, 2007) "Konami Arcade Classics"
Nintendo DS [JP] (October 29, 2009) "Konami Arcade Collection [Konami Dendou Selection] [Model NTR-ASKJ-JPN-1 (RY039-J4)"]
* Computers :
MSX [EU] [JP] (1984) "Circus Charlie [Model RC712]"
Commodore C64 [US] [EU] (1987)
* Others :
Arcade [US] [EU] [AU] [KO] (November 1998) "Konami 80's AC Special"
Arcade [JP] (November 1998) "Konami 80's Arcade Gallery"
- CONTRIBUTE -
Edit this entry: http://www.arcade-history.com/?&page=detail&id=465&o=2
Licensed from Alexis Bousiges under a CC Attribution 3.0 License
00000000 227C 00000007 FFFFFFFF Infinite Time
00000000 2200 00000007 FFFFFFFF Infinite Lives
20900000 7331 00007366 FFFFFFFF Invincibility [SCREEN 1]
20810000 736E 00000000 FFFFFFFF Invincibility [SCREEN 1] (2/2) Pt 1 Rings of Fire, Pt 2 Pots of Fire
20800000 829D 00000000 FFFFFFFF Invincibility [SCREEN 2]
00000010 2437 00000003 00000003 Invincibility [SCREEN 3]
20810000 8D27 00000000 FFFFFFFF Invincibility [SCREEN 3] (2/3) Pt 1 Jumping Too High, Pt 2 Fire Breather
20810000 8D8C 00000009 FFFFFFFF Invincibility [SCREEN 3] (3/3) Knife Thrower
00000000 2427 00000000 FFFFFFFF Invincibility [SCREEN 4] If you jump onto the floor you will still die
20810000 99B8 00000000 FFFFFFFF Invincibility [SCREEN 4] (2/2) Pt 1 Ball Balance , Pt 2 Ball Collisions
20800000 A798 00000000 FFFFFFFF Invincibility [SCREEN 5] Make sure you jump onto the Podium at the end as you will still die if you hit the floor
Credit Pugsy's MAME Cheat file