• Computer & PC Games
• Console Games
• Arcade Games
• Pinball Machines
• Handheld Games
• Traditional Games
• PlayStation 2
• Game Boy Advance
• Nintendo 64
and more platforms...
You are a game expert?
You are interested in
sharing your knowledge?
Submit your data here:
• Top contributors
Units produced: Cave (Nihon System license)
Controls/Input Device: Control(joy8way), Buttons(3)
Number of Players: 2
Acting Talent involved:
More Machine Details:
More System Details:
Game Awards Nominations:
Game Awards Won:
Dangun Feveron (Japan) VGMuseum Game Endings
Dangun Feveron (Japan) on CAESAR
Dangun Feveron (Japan) high score and replay at MARP
Dangun Feveron (Japan) on datObase
MAME folder name: dfeveron
Display: raster 320x240 @ 57.55Hz (57.55 pixclock)
Sound: 2 channels
Emulated in MAME via driver cave.c:
Status: good; Emulation: good
Graphic: good; Sound: good; Color: good
Palette size: 32768; Savestate: unsupported
cv01-u19.bin with 4194304kb
cv01-u25.bin with 4194304kb
cv01-u26.bin with 4194304kb
cv01-u33.bin with 524288kb
cv01-u34.bin with 524288kb
cv01-u49.bin with 2097152kb
cv01-u50.bin with 2097152kb
- 0.147u2: hap fixed clone Omega Fighter Special. The game fails to boot or finish post. After showing bad rom errors, the game resets.
- 0.147u1: Fixed maincpu rom loading.
- 0.122u7: Fixed gfx1/2/3/4/5 rom loading.
- 0.89u3: Changed Z80 CPU2 clock speed to 5MHz.
- 0.37b10: Yochizo added 'Omega Fighter' (UPL 1989) and clone Omega Fighter Special.
- 21st November 2000: Yochizo fixed some graphics bugs in the Omega Fighter / Atomic Robo-kid driver.
- 8th November 2000: Yochizo sent in a driver for Omega Fighter and Atomic Robo-kid.
- 25th April 1999: Dumped Omega Fighter Special.
LEVELS: 8 (restarts once)
* FB Alpha
Recommended Games (Star Force):
Night Star (DECO Cassette)
Alpha Mission / ASO
Alpha Mission II / ASO II
Astro Warrior (Mega-Tech)
Truxton / Tatsujin
Tatsujin (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
Truxton II / Tatsujin Oh
GunHed (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
The Next Space
Super Star Soldier (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
Strike Gunner S.T.G
Final Star Force
Viper Phase 1
Mars Matrix: Hyper Solid Shooting
Romset: 2016 kb / 8 files / 457.8 zip
Credits Mameinfo and Mametesters Project Robert J. Rabgno et al.
Dangun Feveron (c) 1998 Cave.
A vertically scrolling shoot-em-up from the undisputed masters of the genre, 'Cave', Dangun Feveron features the usual Cave trademarks of intuitive, power-up driven gameplay backed-up with superb graphics and sound.
Dangun Feveron features a very high level of player customisation. At the start of a new game, players are prompted to select 3 different ship attributes; the speed of ship they wish to pilot (from a choice of four), which of the 3 rapid-fire weapons they prefer, and their preferred choice of sustained-fire weapons (activated by holding down the FIRE button). This allows players to tailor the ship to suit their individual needs and gameplay styles, be it a fast-flying speeder with widespread shots to handle enemy squadrons, or a ship with a lower speed that makes it easier to negotiate the swathes of enemy bullets that often fill the screen.
Another of the game's selling points is the capture-and-score system. Initially, every enemy destroyed is worth only one point. However, whenever an enemy is destroyed, coloured spheres appear in its wake, each containing a trapped, human prisoner. The spheres can then be collected by the player to earn additional points. For each prisoner saved, the total points gained from each enemy killed increases by one. For example, saving 56 prisoners means every subsequent defeated enemy is worth fifty-seven points. When the spheres appear, they drift slowly towards the bottom of the screen, before moving back up towards the top where, if they are not collected in time, they drift out of the screen and beyond the player's reach. This resets enemy-destroyed score back to a single point per enemy. If the player loses all of their lives and chooses to 'Continue' the game, the rescue count is reset to zero.
Dangun Feveron's final distinction was in its use of music and sound effects, with the game's creators drawing heavily on the disco sound of the 1970s.
- TECHNICAL -
Game ID : CV01
Cave 1st Generation Hardware
Main CPU : MC68000 (@ 16 Mhz)
Sound CPU : Zilog Z80 [Optional]
Sound Chips : Yamaha YMZ280B (@ 16.9344 Mhz) or OKIM6295 x (1 or 2) + YM2203 / YM2151 [Optional]
Other : 93C46 EEPROM
Screen orientation : Vertical
Video resolution : 240 x 320 pixels
Screen refresh : 57.55 Hz
Palette colors : 2048
Players : 2
Control : 8-way joystick
Buttons : 3
- TRIVIA -
Released in September 1998.
The title of this game translates from Japanese as 'Bullet Gun Feveron'.
Licensed to Nihon System for distribution.
This game is known outside Japan as "Fever SOS".
Dangun Feveron / Cave [Scitron / Gamest - SGCD-0004 - Dec 4, 1998]
- TIPS AND TRICKS -
* Secret Guest Character (from "Uo Poko") : insert a coin and press quickly Down, Up, Right, Left, Up, Down, Left, Right, Start. 1P cat's name is Uotaro and 2P cat's is Poko (81). Note : At the continue (when you loose), you need to enter this code a second time, just after inserting a new credit, to continue to play with this guest character.
* Time Attack Mode : insert a coin, hold A+B and press Start simultaneously.
* You can kill enemies offscreen to the left and right, but not the top and bottom. This can be very useful for getting to later patterns. DM will still appear.
* If you have your side-guns powered up, a quick change in direction can be used to 'whip' their spread to kill popcorn enemies. Useful for killing offscreen enemies as well.
* There are specific triggers, sometimes apart from killing things fast that cause new formations to appear. Many yet to be deciphered.
* At ~2200 DM a 1UP will appear at the center of the screen. Usually triggered late in stage 3 or early in stage 4.
* Seems it is best to use Ship B with bomb or roll. Bomb appears to be higher scoring (due to chaining explosions) and require more planning, while roll is more frantic but kills many large enemies quickly.
* There is a maximum saturation of DM that can be onscreen at one time ~80. After which no DM will spawn, this can be detrimental to score especially in Stage 3.
* If the sphere boss at the end of stage 5 is beaten having not died, you will get a level bonus, then face the true boss. You will be invincible unless you use bombs and will get another level bonus when you kill it.
* Bonus for clearing the game is 100,000 per bomb and 500,000 per life left. These are doubled if you finish by defeating the true last boss.
- STAFF -
Music composed by : Ryuichi Yabuki, Nanpei Misawa
- CONTRIBUTE -
Edit this entry: http://www.arcade-history.com/?&page=detail&id=583&o=2
Licensed from Alexis Bousiges under a CC Attribution 3.0 License
00000000 101731 00000009 FFFFFFFF Infinite Credits
00000301 1052D9 00000004 FFFFFFFF Round Select
62000000 000000 00000000 00000000 Select Game Mode
00010000 105105 00000000 FFFFFFFF Normal Mode
00010000 105105 00000001 FFFFFFFF Time Attack Mode
60000000 000000 00000000 00000000
00800000 104082 000000FF FFFFFFFF Unlock Secret Character PL1 Enable on the title screen
00000000 1052C5 00000007 FFFFFFFF Infinite Lives PL1
00000000 105A3B 00000003 FFFFFFFF Infinite Bombs PL1
00000000 105A16 00000080 FFFFFFFF Invincibility PL1
00000000 105A35 00000006 FFFFFFFF Maximum Power PL1
00010000 105A41 00000005 FFFFFFFF Maximum Power PL1 (2/3)
00010000 105A45 00000004 FFFFFFFF Maximum Power PL1 (3/3)
62000000 000000 00000000 00000000 Select Fighter Type PL1
00010000 105A36 00000000 FFFFFFFF Type 1
00010000 105A36 00000008 FFFFFFFF Type 2
00010000 105A36 00000010 FFFFFFFF Type 3
62000000 000000 00000000 00000000 Select Powerful Type PL1
00010000 105A34 00000000 FFFFFFFF Type 1
00010000 105A34 00000008 FFFFFFFF Type 2
00010000 105A34 00000010 FFFFFFFF Type 3
62000000 000000 00000000 00000000 Select Speed Type PL1
00010000 105A30 0000001A FFFFFFFF Type 1
00010000 105A30 0000001E FFFFFFFF Type 2
00010000 105A30 00000029 FFFFFFFF Type 3
00010000 105A30 0000002D FFFFFFFF Type 4
60000000 000000 00000000 00000000
00800000 1040B0 000000FF FFFFFFFF Unlock Secret Character PL2 Enable on the title screen
00000000 1052C7 00000007 FFFFFFFF Infinite Lives PL2
00000000 105A7B 00000003 FFFFFFFF Infinite Bombs PL2
00000000 105A56 00000080 FFFFFFFF Invincibility PL2
00000000 105A75 00000006 FFFFFFFF Maximum Power PL2
00010000 105A81 00000005 FFFFFFFF Maximum Power PL2 (2/3)
00010000 105A85 00000004 FFFFFFFF Maximum Power PL2 (3/3)
62000000 000000 00000000 00000000 Select Fighter Type PL2
00010000 105A76 00000000 FFFFFFFF Type 1
00010000 105A76 00000008 FFFFFFFF Type 2
00010000 105A76 00000010 FFFFFFFF Type 3
62000000 000000 00000000 00000000 Select Powerful Type PL2
00010000 105A74 00000000 FFFFFFFF Type 1
00010000 105A74 00000008 FFFFFFFF Type 2
00010000 105A74 00000010 FFFFFFFF Type 3
62000000 000000 00000000 00000000 Select Speed Type PL2
00010000 105A70 0000001A FFFFFFFF Type 1
00010000 105A70 0000001E FFFFFFFF Type 2
00010000 105A70 00000029 FFFFFFFF Type 3
00010000 105A70 0000002D FFFFFFFF Type 4
Credit Pugsy's MAME Cheat file