• Computer & PC Games
• Console Games
• Arcade Games
• Pinball Machines
• Handheld Games
• Traditional Games
• PlayStation 2
• Game Boy Advance
• Nintendo 64
and more platforms...
You are a game expert?
You are interested in
sharing your knowledge?
Submit your data here:
• Top contributors
Units produced: Sega
Controls/Input Device: Control(joy4way), Buttons(2)
Number of Players: 1
Acting Talent involved:
More Machine Details:
More System Details:
Game Awards Nominations:
Game Awards Won:
Digger VGMuseum Game Endings
Digger on CAESAR
Digger high score and replay at MARP
Digger on datObase
MAME folder name: digger
Display: raster 256x224 @ 60.00Hz (60.00 pixclock)
Sound: 0 channels
Emulated in MAME via driver vicdual.c:
Status: preliminary; Emulation: good
Graphic: good; Sound: preliminary; Color: good
Palette size: 0; Savestate: unsupported
316-0206.u14 with 32kb
316-507 with 32kb
684.u27 with 1024kb
685.u26 with 1024kb
686.u25 with 1024kb
687.u24 with 1024kb
688.u23 with 1024kb
689.u22 with 1024kb
690.u21 with 1024kb
691.u20 with 1024kb
- 0.147u2: hap fixed clone Omega Fighter Special. The game fails to boot or finish post. After showing bad rom errors, the game resets.
- 0.147u1: Fixed maincpu rom loading.
- 0.122u7: Fixed gfx1/2/3/4/5 rom loading.
- 0.89u3: Changed Z80 CPU2 clock speed to 5MHz.
- 0.37b10: Yochizo added 'Omega Fighter' (UPL 1989) and clone Omega Fighter Special.
- 21st November 2000: Yochizo fixed some graphics bugs in the Omega Fighter / Atomic Robo-kid driver.
- 8th November 2000: Yochizo sent in a driver for Omega Fighter and Atomic Robo-kid.
- 25th April 1999: Dumped Omega Fighter Special.
LEVELS: 8 (restarts once)
* FB Alpha
Recommended Games (Star Force):
Night Star (DECO Cassette)
Alpha Mission / ASO
Alpha Mission II / ASO II
Astro Warrior (Mega-Tech)
Truxton / Tatsujin
Tatsujin (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
Truxton II / Tatsujin Oh
GunHed (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
The Next Space
Super Star Soldier (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
Strike Gunner S.T.G
Final Star Force
Viper Phase 1
Mars Matrix: Hyper Solid Shooting
Romset: 2016 kb / 8 files / 457.8 zip
Credits Mameinfo and Mametesters Project Robert J. Rabgno et al.
Digger (c) 1980 Gremlin Ind.
Digger is a game that requires you to dig strategically placed holes within a maze format so you can capture and fill in over the invading creatures before they can attack and destroy your man. The maze format changes with every round played.
The creatures are confined behind a wall. In the first of three rounds of game play, four creatures are let out of the holding area through a gate. You must conquer these four before advancing to the next round, where you face six creatures. Your third round has you battling eight creatures. This process is repeated and the point value increased with each three-round victory. Also, creatures' speed increases each round. Any contact at all with the creatures will be fatal to your man.
While you are busy digging holes and entrapping creatures, the rest are behind the retaining wall scurrying back and forth. After about three minutes, the gates at each end will open and all of the remaining creatures will stream into the play area at once. However, a skillful player will conquer all of the creatures of each round and the gate will not be a threat.
- TECHNICAL -
Game ID : 684-691
Main CPU : Zilog Z80 (@ 1.93356 Mhz)
Screen orientation : Vertical
Video resolution : 224 x 256 pixels
Screen refresh : 60.00 Hz
Palette colors : 64
Players : 2
Control : 4-way joystick
Buttons : 2
=> [A] DIG, [B] FILL
- TRIVIA -
Digger was released in June 1980.
A hidden message can be found in ROM chip 691.u20, starting at 0x19E:
WRITTEN BY DAVID L. EVANS, 4535 TAFT AVENUE, LA MESA, CALIF. 92041
AND BEAT OUT ON THE KEYBOARD OF A NOVAL 765!
THANK YOU TERRY, BARBARA, CRAIG AND LARRY FOR SOME DEBUGGED SUBROUTINES...
JUNE 25, 1980 GREMLIN/SEGA INC.
- SCORING -
The point value per creature increases with each three-round phase.
The first phase awards 300 points per creature, decreasing to 100 points if not filled over promptly.
The second phase awards 500 points per creature, decreasing to 300 points.
The third phase awards 700 points, decreasing to 500 points.
- TIPS AND TRICKS -
* A double score bonus is awarded if you capture and fill in over the RED creature before any of the GREEN ones. But, this must be the FIRST creature defeated, or the RED creature becomes GREEN and no bonus is awarded.
* A 1000 points bonus is given if you capture four creatures in a row at full point value during any one round.
* When a creature is captured, 8 squeaking sounds are heard before the creature escapes from the hole. 5 squeaks are required to cover a creature, so you must hurry to the hole and Fill before the 4th squeak, or the creature will emerge and devour your man.
- STAFF -
Written by : David L. Evans
- CONTRIBUTE -
Edit this entry: http://www.arcade-history.com/?&page=detail&id=639&o=2
Licensed from Alexis Bousiges under a CC Attribution 3.0 License
20800000 1724 000000C9 FFFFFFFF Invincibility
00000000 E464 00000003 FFFFFFFF Infinite Lives PL1
00000000 E465 00000003 FFFFFFFF Infinite Lives PL2
Credit Pugsy's MAME Cheat file