• Computer & PC Games
• Console Games
• Arcade Games
• Pinball Machines
• Handheld Games
• Traditional Games
• PlayStation 2
• Game Boy Advance
• Nintendo 64
and more platforms...
You are a game expert?
You are interested in
sharing your knowledge?
Submit your data here:
• Top contributors
Units produced: Konami
Controls/Input Device: Control(joy8way), Buttons(3)
Number of Players: 2
Acting Talent involved:
More Machine Details:
More System Details:
Game Awards Nominations:
Game Awards Won:
Super Basketball (version G) VGMuseum Game Endings
Super Basketball (version G) on CAESAR
Super Basketball (version G) high score and replay at MARP
Super Basketball (version G) on datObase
MAME folder name: sbasketb
Display: raster 256x224 @ 60.00Hz (60.00 pixclock)
Sound: 1 channels
Emulated in MAME via driver sbasketb.c:
Status: good; Emulation: good
Graphic: good; Sound: good; Color: good
Palette size: 4352; Savestate: supported
405e12.22f with 16384kb
405e13.7a with 8192kb
405e15.11f with 8192kb
405e16.4a with 256kb
405e17.5a with 256kb
405e18.6a with 256kb
405e19.16d with 256kb
405e20.19d with 256kb
405h01.9j with 16384kb
405h03.11j with 16384kb
405h05.14j with 8192kb
405h06.14g with 16384kb
405h08.17g with 16384kb
405h10.20g with 16384kb
- 0.147u2: hap fixed clone Omega Fighter Special. The game fails to boot or finish post. After showing bad rom errors, the game resets.
- 0.147u1: Fixed maincpu rom loading.
- 0.122u7: Fixed gfx1/2/3/4/5 rom loading.
- 0.89u3: Changed Z80 CPU2 clock speed to 5MHz.
- 0.37b10: Yochizo added 'Omega Fighter' (UPL 1989) and clone Omega Fighter Special.
- 21st November 2000: Yochizo fixed some graphics bugs in the Omega Fighter / Atomic Robo-kid driver.
- 8th November 2000: Yochizo sent in a driver for Omega Fighter and Atomic Robo-kid.
- 25th April 1999: Dumped Omega Fighter Special.
LEVELS: 8 (restarts once)
* FB Alpha
Recommended Games (Star Force):
Night Star (DECO Cassette)
Alpha Mission / ASO
Alpha Mission II / ASO II
Astro Warrior (Mega-Tech)
Truxton / Tatsujin
Tatsujin (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
Truxton II / Tatsujin Oh
GunHed (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
The Next Space
Super Star Soldier (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
Strike Gunner S.T.G
Final Star Force
Viper Phase 1
Mars Matrix: Hyper Solid Shooting
Romset: 2016 kb / 8 files / 457.8 zip
Credits Mameinfo and Mametesters Project Robert J. Rabgno et al.
Super Basketball (c) 1984 Konami Industry Company, Limited.
A basketball game.
- TECHNICAL -
This game appears to have only been available as a conversion kit. The game runs on a single large motherboard with one daughterboard attached. This board is compatible with the Konami Standard and will plug into any machine wired for that standard.
Game ID : GX405
Main CPU : Motorola M6809 (@ 1.4 Mhz)
Sound CPU : Zilog Z80 (@ 3.5795 Mhz)
Sound Chips : DAC, SN76496 (@ 1.789772 Mhz), Sanyo VLM5030 (@ 3.58 Mhz)
Players : 2
Control : 8-way joystick
Buttons : 3 (DRIBBLE, PASS, SHOOT)
- TRIVIA -
Super Basketball was released in September 1984. This is the first basketball game presented by Konami.
- UPDATES -
It appears that there was both an encrypted and an unencrypted version of the game, there is no game+play difference between them, but they do use slightly different hardware.
- TIPS AND TRICKS -
* Angle And Timing Rules...
Free Throws : 41-44 and 46-49% = 1 pt and 3 seconds, 45% = 2 pts and 5 seconds.
Jump Shots : Varies by location, 45% sinks from anywhere ('nice shot'), 5 seconds.
Dunk Shots : Same as above, grants one extra second.
Lose 5 seconds for each turnover, unless game clock is already at :09 or below.
* Speed and time are essential. The big points are scored on the after-game bonuses, and you need to score tons of points to beat the World Champs. Here's how :
1) The primary sweet spot on the floor is the baseline (right edge) on the right (bottom) side of the basket, anywhere inside 3 point range. You can win most games shooting only from here. Dribble there every chance you get and shoot while running out of bounds -- the computer can't block the shot and any reasonably angled shot will go in.
2) The secondary sweet spot is the bottom left corner of the free throw line. Periodically one of your players will post up in this spot -- a quick pass to him results in an easy shot if it's taken immediately. The computer can sometimes stop the play, but it's such a fast striking shot that it can pay off big when time is running low.
3) Basic strategy is score fast, score often, you need the time. Pass north-south, not east-west and you can get around the defenders to the baseline. Take most of your shots from there as outlined above, and you should score fast enough to beat most teams.
* Hint 1 : On bonus shot screens, just shoot like crazy. You can have multiple balls on+screen at once, so don't bother aiming.
* Hint 2 : After about the 4th team, you're better off just avoiding passing altogether as they pick off the balls too often.
* Hint 3 : Move diagonally as much as possible rather than straight forward, and when under the hoop, you don't need to make a full jump to get it in easy - that just makes it easier to be blocked.
* Hint 4 : If you're moving without the ball (say after a shot, to go rebound) it seems that you can run faster if you 'dribble' even though you don't have a ball to do that with.
* 5,000 Point Bonus : When you're shooting free throws, hold down the shoot button until the angle indicator is between 85 and 90 degrees. The ball will go straight up, bounce off the shooter's head, and bounce off the screen, awarding you a 5,000 point bonus.
- PORTS -
* Consoles :
Nintendo DS [JP] (March 15, 2007) "Konami Arcade Collection [Model NTR-P-ASKJ (RY039-J1)]"
Nintendo DS [US] (March 30, 2007) as "Basketball" in "Konami Classics Series: Arcade Hits [Model NTR-ACXE-USA]"
Nintendo DS [EU] (October 26, 2007) "Konami Arcade Classics [Model NTR-P-ACXP]"
Nintendo DS [AU] (October 29, 2007) "Konami Arcade Classics"
Nintendo DS [JP] (October 29, 2009) "Konami Arcade Collection [Konami Dendou Selection] [Model NTR-ASKJ-JPN-1 (RY039-J4)"]
- CONTRIBUTE -
Edit this entry: http://www.arcade-history.com/?&page=detail&id=2697&o=2
Licensed from Alexis Bousiges under a CC Attribution 3.0 License
00500000 2280 00000959 FFFFFFFF Infinite Time PL1 Turn Off at the end of each level
00500001 2280 00000001 FFFFFFFF Drain Remaining Time Now! PL1
00000001 2090 00000009 FFFFFFFF Win this Game Now! PL1
60000000 0000 00000000 00000000
00500000 2282 00000959 FFFFFFFF Infinite Time PL2 Turn Off at the end of each Level
00500001 2282 00000001 FFFFFFFF Drain Remaining Time Now! PL2
00000001 2092 00000009 FFFFFFFF Win this Game Now! PL2
Credit Pugsy's MAME Cheat file