Games-Db's Message Board > Pinball >
Can't remember what an arcade game was called.
(All 2 messages ) Post Reply
# 1 Friday 10/14/05

Back in the late '70s early '80s, my then best friend and I would go to the mall and play this old but great game. I can't remember the name of it for the life of me.
Anyhow, the game was black and white and the graphics were grids/lines. I would guess it was 2D. It was a stand up arcade game with 1 or 2 players and both could play at the same time. I think it had joy sticks and possibly two buttons for each player, but I'm not sure.
It had a grid of a planet horizon that was turning and you had a cross-hair. These spaceships (grids also) would come from behind the horizon and you would shoot at them as they were shooting at you. Each different type of spaceship had different scores. As the game progressed, the harder it was to destroy them and the faster they would move.
Anyone have any idea what this might be?
Thanks!
# 2 Monday 10/17/05

Re: Can
I would suggest it was an early Atari game (as nearly all early video games were by Atari).

The gameplay you describe seems to be a vector graphics game.

Anyway, can't name you the specific machine, but I would look for an early Atari vector game with a space theme (as most of the time).

> Back in the late '70s early '80s, my then best friend and I would go to the mall and play this old but great game. I can't remember the name of it for the life of me.
> Anyhow, the game was black and white and the graphics were grids/lines. I would guess it was 2D. It was a stand up arcade game with 1 or 2 players and both could play at the same time. I think it had joy sticks and possibly two buttons for each player, but I'm not sure.
> It had a grid of a planet horizon that was turning and you had a cross-hair. These spaceships (grids also) would come from behind the horizon and you would shoot at them as they were shooting at you. Each different type of spaceship had different scores. As the game progressed, the harder it was to destroy them and the faster they would move.
> Anyone have any idea what this might be?
> Thanks!
>
(All 2 messages ) Post Reply
This Thread