Games-Db's Message Board > Everything else >
Can't remember the name of a game
(All 3 messages ) Post Reply
# 1 Thursday 03/09/06

It was a car racing game from late 70's or early 80's. You could steer, change from low to high gear, hit the gas (and I don't remember if you could break or not). You were looking down at your car which was a rectangular shape. You raced against other cars. You would have hills that would come up and even tunnels that the lights on your car would turn on. I remember going around a sharp turn and needing to constantly shift from low to high as not to crash into other cars. Toward the end of the race, you would race across what I remember was the golden gate bridge. Anyone have any idea what the name of this game is?
# 2 Wednesday 05/03/06

Re: Can't remember the name of a game
Sega's 2004 Virtua Racing??

> It was a car racing game from late 70's or early 80's. You could steer, change from low to high gear, hit the gas (and I don't remember if you could break or not). You were looking down at your car which was a rectangular shape. You raced against other cars. You would have hills that would come up and even tunnels that the lights on your car would turn on. I remember going around a sharp turn and needing to constantly shift from low to high as not to crash into other cars. Toward the end of the race, you would race across what I remember was the golden gate bridge. Anyone have any idea what the name of this game is?
# 3 Thursday 02/15/07

Re: Re: Can
I believe the answer to your question is "Turbo" - it was a Sega game :-)

> Sega's 2004 Virtua Racing??
>
> > It was a car racing game from late 70's or early 80's. You could steer, change from low to high gear, hit the gas (and I don't remember if you could break or not). You were looking down at your car which was a rectangular shape. You raced against other cars. You would have hills that would come up and even tunnels that the lights on your car would turn on. I remember going around a sharp turn and needing to constantly shift from low to high as not to crash into other cars. Toward the end of the race, you would race across what I remember was the golden gate bridge. Anyone have any idea what the name of this game is?
>
(All 3 messages ) Post Reply
This Thread