• Console Games
• Arcade Games
• Pinball Machines
• Handheld Games
• Traditional Games
• PlayStation 2
• Game Boy Advance
• Nintendo 64
and more platforms...
You are interested in
sharing your knowledge?
Submit your data here:
• Top contributors
Units produced: Konami
Controls/Input Device: Control(joy8way), Buttons(2)
Number of Players: 2
Acting Talent involved:
More Machine Details:
More System Details:
Game Awards Won:
Aliens (World set 1) VGMuseum Game Endings
Aliens (World set 1) on CAESAR
Aliens (World set 1) high score and replay at MARP
Aliens (World set 1) on datObase
MAME folder name: aliens
Display: raster 288x224 @ 60.00Hz (60.00 pixclock)
Sound: 1 channels
Emulated in MAME via driver aliens.c:
Status: good; Emulation: good
Graphic: good; Sound: good; Color: good
Palette size: 512; Savestate: supported
821a08.h14 with 256kb
875b04.bin with 262144kb
c24_j01.bin with 131072kb
e24_j02.bin with 65536kb
g04_b03.bin with 32768kb
j02_b05.bin with 262144kb
j08_b06.bin with 262144kb
j13_b07.bin with 262144kb
j19_b08.bin with 262144kb
k02_b09.bin with 524288kb
k08_b10.bin with 524288kb
k13_b11.bin with 524288kb
k19_b12.bin with 524288kb
- 0.147u2: hap fixed clone Omega Fighter Special. The game fails to boot or finish post. After showing bad rom errors, the game resets.
- 0.147u1: Fixed maincpu rom loading.
- 0.122u7: Fixed gfx1/2/3/4/5 rom loading.
- 0.89u3: Changed Z80 CPU2 clock speed to 5MHz.
- 0.37b10: Yochizo added 'Omega Fighter' (UPL 1989) and clone Omega Fighter Special.
- 21st November 2000: Yochizo fixed some graphics bugs in the Omega Fighter / Atomic Robo-kid driver.
- 8th November 2000: Yochizo sent in a driver for Omega Fighter and Atomic Robo-kid.
- 25th April 1999: Dumped Omega Fighter Special.
LEVELS: 8 (restarts once)
* FB Alpha
Recommended Games (Star Force):
Night Star (DECO Cassette)
Alpha Mission / ASO
Alpha Mission II / ASO II
Astro Warrior (Mega-Tech)
Truxton / Tatsujin
Tatsujin (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
Truxton II / Tatsujin Oh
GunHed (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
The Next Space
Super Star Soldier (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
Strike Gunner S.T.G
Final Star Force
Viper Phase 1
Mars Matrix: Hyper Solid Shooting
Romset: 2016 kb / 8 files / 457.8 zip
Credits Mameinfo and Mametesters Project Robert J. Rabgno et al.
Aliens (c) 1990 Konami.
Picks up in the film with Lt. Ripley and Cpl. Hicks attempting to leave the alien-infested colony by shooting their way out.
- TECHNICAL -
Game ID : GX875
Main CPU : KONAMI (@ 3 Mhz)
Sound CPU : Zilog Z80 (@ 3.579545 Mhz)
Sound Chips : Yamaha YM2151 (@ 3.579545 Mhz), Konami K007232 (@ 3.579545 Mhz)
Screen orientation : Horizontal
Video resolution : 288 x 224 pixels
Screen refresh : 60.00 Hz
Palette colors : 512
Players : 2
Control : 8-way joystick
Buttons : 2
=>  Shoot1,  Shoot2
- TRIVIA -
Aliens was released in March 1990.
This game is based upon the movie of the same name (released in 1986).
An Aliens cabinet is seen in The Simpsons arcade game. However it's revealed that a Xenomorph which scares off a Space Mutant (a recurring movie franchise on the TV show) is reveals itself to be none other than Marge Simpson inside the Alien costume.
Michael Jackson used to own this game. It was sold at the official Michael Jackson Auction on April 24, 2009.
- UPDATES -
The US version has the "Winners Don't Use Drugs" screen.
The Japanese version is very unlike any other version to appear in other countries :
* Most obviously, both APC driving levels have been entirely deleted.
* As such, the subplot of rescuing Newt is gone. Therefore, Newt never appears in Stage 1.
* When you take on the 'Shrinky-Dink Alien Quartet', the first one to fully enlarge hops off-screen, leaving you to only battle the other three.
* Many of the aliens, zombies, and mid-bosses can be killed with fewer shots.
*Two new kinds of minor enemy appear in the game :
a) An adult alien bursts out of the background wall during the vent portion of what we consider Stage 5. It functions much like the Ground-Poppers and is destroyed just as easily, but with new animations and from a different angle. It is the only one of its type in the game.
b) The small form of the Shrinky-Dink Alien, as seen in the form of the second mid-boss in Stage 5, reappears in Stage 7. It stands alone on the catwalks with a ring of orange energy circling it and the catwalk in a kind of 'shield'. A few shots destroy it.
* Titles have been given to each level. They are as follows, transcribed as they appear in the game.
Level 1 - Living Quarters
Level 2 - Factory
Level 3 - Factory2
Level 4 - Queen Alien's DEN
Level 5 - Escape Route
Level 6 - Battle Ship SULACO
* Special weapons and bombs appear much more frequently in the game, dropping from the sky for the players to use at regular intervals.
* It is now possible to attain 1-ups in the game. If a player is still carrying a weapon from the last special weapon power-up, the next one to fall on-screen will contain a 1-up. It comes in the form of a red ribbon with a bow wrapped around the word '1up'.
* In addition to the other enemies in this section, ground-popping aliens now appear earlier, during the nest portion of what we know as Stage 3.
* In addition to the other enemies, flying aliens now appear during the first power loader segment, in Stage 3.
* Flying aliens are much more frequent throughout the outdoor portion of Stage 5 and Stage 7.
* Extra exploding barrels appear throughout the game.
* Numerous aliens have changed color. Adult aliens are now purple instead of maroon, face-huggers are now flesh-toned instead of green, etc.
* Many of the adult aliens in the elevator sequence of Stage 3 have been removed. They have been replaced with flying aliens that do NOT damage the cables. This makes this sequence much easier.
* The beams from the 3-Way gun have changed color from purple to orange.
* During the final battle, the queen does NOT breathe fire/acid at you. Instead, after flashing white, she sends out multiple images of herself as a projectile! These are wider and therefore are easier to be hit by.
* The queen charges at you constantly even if you are in the power loader. This makes the final battle much more difficult.
- STAFF -
Game programmers: S. Okamoto, K. Ozaki, Hirotaka.I.1
Character designers: Kengo N., Nishiyan
Graphic designers: M. Yoshida, Kaoru. N
Music composer: Adachi
Sound effect: Oouchi
Hardware designer: H. Matsuura
Special guest: Akira. S, Hiroshi Iuchi (Iuchi 2), Chokki, Takano, Samejima
Director: S. Okamoto
Cabinet Graphic Design: Don Marshall
- CONTRIBUTE -
Edit this entry: http://www.arcade-history.com/?&page=detail&id=63&o=2
Licensed from Alexis Bousiges under a CC Attribution 3.0 License
00000000 0802 00000099 FFFFFFFF Infinite Credits
60000000 0000 00000000 00000000
00000000 1901 000000FF FFFFFFFF Infinite Lives PL1
00000000 1902 00000008 FFFFFFFF Infinite Energy PL1
00000000 0A78 00000039 FFFFFFFF Invincibility PL1
62000000 0000 00000000 00000000 Infinite Bombs PL1
00010000 0A6B 00000019 FFFFFFFF Normal Bombs
00010000 0A6B 00000029 FFFFFFFF Super Bombs
62000000 0000 00000000 00000000 Select Weapon PL1
00010000 0A71 00000000 FFFFFFFF Normal
00010000 0A71 00000001 FFFFFFFF Super Missiles
00010000 0A71 00000002 FFFFFFFF Flame Thrower
00010000 0A71 00000003 FFFFFFFF 3-Way Gun
00010000 0A71 00000004 FFFFFFFF Missiles
00010000 0A71 00000005 FFFFFFFF Robot (Buggy)
60000000 0000 00000000 00000000
00000000 1941 00000005 FFFFFFFF Infinite Lives PL2
00000000 1942 00000008 FFFFFFFF Infinite Energy PL2
00000000 0AB8 00000039 FFFFFFFF Invincibility PL2
62000000 0000 00000000 00000000 Infinite Bombs PL2
00010000 0AAB 00000019 FFFFFFFF Normal Bombs
00010000 0AAB 00000029 FFFFFFFF Super Bombs
62000000 0000 00000000 00000000 Select Weapon PL2
00010000 0AB1 00000000 FFFFFFFF Normal
00010000 0AB1 00000001 FFFFFFFF Super Missiles
00010000 0AB1 00000002 FFFFFFFF Flame Thrower
00010000 0AB1 00000003 FFFFFFFF 3-Way Gun
00010000 0AB1 00000004 FFFFFFFF Missiles
00010000 0AB1 00000005 FFFFFFFF Robot (Buggy)
60000000 0000 00000000 00000000
00000020 0812 000000FF FFFFFFFF Sound Test Code Stop [PL2 Start]Next Code
Credit Pugsy's MAME Cheat file