• Console Games
• Arcade Games
• Pinball Machines
• Handheld Games
• Traditional Games
• PlayStation 2
• Game Boy Advance
• Nintendo 64
and more platforms...
You are interested in
sharing your knowledge?
Submit your data here:
• Top contributors
Units produced: Taito America Corporation
Controls/Input Device: Control(dial), Buttons(1)
Number of Players: 2
Acting Talent involved:
More Machine Details:
More System Details:
Game Awards Won:
Cameltry (US) VGMuseum Game Endings
Cameltry (US) on CAESAR
Cameltry (US) high score and replay at MARP
Cameltry (US) on datObase
MAME folder name: cameltry
Display: raster 320x224 @ 60.00Hz (60.00 pixclock)
Sound: 2 channels
Emulated in MAME via driver taito_f2.c:
Status: good; Emulation: good
Graphic: good; Sound: good; Color: good
Palette size: 4096; Savestate: unsupported
c38-01.bin with 524288kb
c38-02.bin with 131072kb
c38-03.bin with 131072kb
c38-08.bin with 65536kb
c38-11 with 131072kb
c38-14 with 131072kb
- 0.147u2: hap fixed clone Omega Fighter Special. The game fails to boot or finish post. After showing bad rom errors, the game resets.
- 0.147u1: Fixed maincpu rom loading.
- 0.122u7: Fixed gfx1/2/3/4/5 rom loading.
- 0.89u3: Changed Z80 CPU2 clock speed to 5MHz.
- 0.37b10: Yochizo added 'Omega Fighter' (UPL 1989) and clone Omega Fighter Special.
- 21st November 2000: Yochizo fixed some graphics bugs in the Omega Fighter / Atomic Robo-kid driver.
- 8th November 2000: Yochizo sent in a driver for Omega Fighter and Atomic Robo-kid.
- 25th April 1999: Dumped Omega Fighter Special.
LEVELS: 8 (restarts once)
* FB Alpha
Recommended Games (Star Force):
Night Star (DECO Cassette)
Alpha Mission / ASO
Alpha Mission II / ASO II
Astro Warrior (Mega-Tech)
Truxton / Tatsujin
Tatsujin (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
Truxton II / Tatsujin Oh
GunHed (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
The Next Space
Super Star Soldier (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
Strike Gunner S.T.G
Final Star Force
Viper Phase 1
Mars Matrix: Hyper Solid Shooting
Romset: 2016 kb / 8 files / 457.8 zip
Credits Mameinfo and Mametesters Project Robert J. Rabgno et al.
Cameltry (c) 1989 Taito Corp.
The player must guide a ball through a number of mazes, rotating the maze through 180 degrees to get the ball to move in the desired direction - much like the bonus levels in the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive console title, "Sonic the Hedgehog". Each maze must be completed within a tight time limit and a number of traps and obstacles litter the mazes to slow players down.
There are, however, a number of positive targets to be hit, and bonuses - such as additional time - can be found hidden away within the mazes. When the ball is stuck or the player would like to speed up, the JUMP button can be used. If the player runs out of time before reaching the goal, a random matching game is run to allow the player more time to complete the maze. This challenge, however is very difficult to win.
- TECHNICAL -
Runs on the "Taito F2 System" hardware. It used a graphics extension on the board, the so called Taito F2 Expanded System.
Prom Stickers : C38
Players : 2
Control : Spinner
Buttons : 1
An alternate US version uses a YM2203 @ 3 Mhz instead of the YM2610 @ 8 Mhz.
- TRIVIA -
Even if the titlescreen says 1989, Cameltry was released in April 1990.
This game uses inertia and gravity to simulate how an actual ball in a maze would roll, under real-life conditions. This is what makes this game fun to play.
Pony Canyon / Scitron released a limited-edition soundtrack album for this game (Cameltry, Cadash - PCCB-00043) on October 21, 1990.
Zuntata Records released a limited-edition soundtrack album for this game (Zuntata History L'ab-normal 1st - ZTTL-0038) on April 1, 1999.
- UPDATES -
The US version has the "Winners Don't Use Drugs" screen.
- TIPS AND TRICKS -
* Obtain a very high time and you can gain 1000 points, featuring Tiki (the Kiwi Bird of "The New Zealand Story" game) or another character of Taito.
* If you complete a stage with less than 10 seconds remaining, a slot machine appears. The numbers on all 3 reels will be added as a bonus time. This does not happen on the special courses.
* Round Select : Hold Service Switch at boot.
Input : Start(x3), Service Switch, Start on Service Switch Error message screen. This code (Taito Command) is used in many Taito games, G-Darius, Rastan Saga II, Gunlock/Ray Force etc.
* Ball Selection : If you hold down the START button while selecting a course (except the training course) you can change the appearance of the ball.
* Secret Bonus : If the 3 digits on the timer is the same at goal (eg 11.1, 22.2, 33.3, etc), secret bonus is added.
* Staff Credits : When seeing the ending, hold the JUMP button. NOTE : It's disabled when you select Training course.
- SERIES -
1) Cameltry (1990)
2) Mawashite Koron (2006, Nintendo DS JAP) / Labyrinth (2007, Nintendo DS EUR/USA)
- STAFF -
Produce & Game Designer: PPR Kaito
Software Programming: Magician Kaz, Teddy Koike, Tack Karube
Bit Graphics: Zak Munn, Zenzy Miya, PPR Kaito
Hardware: K. Fujimoto, M. Yamaguchi
Sound (Zuntata): Hisayoshi Ogura, Yasuhisa Watanabe
Cabinet Decoration: Hiroyasu Nagai (Super Star Nagai)
- PORTS -
* Consoles :
Nintendo Super Famicom [JP] (1992) "Cameltry [Model SHVC-CT]"
Nintendo SNES [US] (November 1992) "On the Ball [Model SNS-CT-USA]"
Nintendo SNES [EU] (1993) "On the Ball [Model SNSP-CT-EUR]"
Sony PlayStation 2 [JP] (July 28, 2005) "Taito Memories Joukan [Model SLPM-66057]"
Sony PlayStation 2 [AU] (March 30, 2006) "Taito Legends 2 [Model SLES-53852]"
Microsoft XBOX [EU] (March 31, 2006) "Taito Legends 2"
Sony PlayStation 2 [EU] (March 31, 2006) "Taito Legends 2 [Model SLES-53852]"
Sony PlayStation 2 [US] (May 16, 2007) "Taito Legends 2 [Model SLUS-21349]"
* Handhelds :
Sony PSP [AS] (January 3, 2006) "Taito Memories Pocket [Model UCAS-40040]"
Sony PSP [JP] (January 5, 2006) "Taito Memories Pocket [Model ULJM-50706]"
Sony PSP [KO] (February 10, 2006) "Taito Memories Pocket"
Sony PSP [EU] (October 6, 2006) "Taito Legends Power-Up [Model ULES-00473]"
Sony PSP [AU] (November 9, 2006) "Taito Legends Power-Up [Model ULES-00473]"
Sony PSP [US] (May 17, 2007) "Taito Legends Power-Up [Model ULUS-10208]"
* Computers :
Sharp X68000 [JP] (September 25, 1991)
FM Towns PC [JP] (1993)
PC [MS Windows, CD-ROM] [EU] (March 31, 2006) "Taito Legends 2"
PC [MS Windows, CD-ROM] [US] (July 10, 2007) "Taito Legends 2"
* Others :
Nokia N-Gage [US] "Taito Memories" : Release cancelled
Apple iPhone/iPod [US] (June 8, 2009) [Model 306654093]
- CONTRIBUTE -
Edit this entry: http://www.arcade-history.com/?&page=detail&id=374&o=2
Licensed from Alexis Bousiges under a CC Attribution 3.0 License
00000000 102333 00000009 FFFFFFFF Infinite Credits
00000000 106686 00000009 FFFFFFFF Infinite Time
00010000 106687 00000099 FFFFFFFF Infinite Time (2/2)
Credit Pugsy's MAME Cheat file