• Console Games
• Arcade Games
• Pinball Machines
• Handheld Games
• Traditional Games
• PlayStation 2
• Game Boy Advance
• Nintendo 64
and more platforms...
You are interested in
sharing your knowledge?
Submit your data here:
• Top contributors
Platform: Taito F3 Package System
Units produced: Taito Corporation Japan
Controls/Input Device: Control(joy8way), Buttons(4)
Number of Players: 4
Acting Talent involved:
More Machine Details:
More System Details:
Game Awards Won:
Darius Gaiden - Silver Hawk (World) VGMuseum Game Endings
Darius Gaiden - Silver Hawk (World) on CAESAR
Darius Gaiden - Silver Hawk (World) high score and replay at MARP
Darius Gaiden - Silver Hawk (World) on datObase
MAME folder name: dariusg
Display: raster 320x232 @ 58.97Hz (58.97 pixclock)
Sound: 2 channels
Emulated in MAME via driver taito_f3.c:
Status: good; Emulation: good
Graphic: good; Sound: good; Color: good
Palette size: 8192; Savestate: unsupported
d87-01.bin with 2097152kb
d87-02.bin with 2097152kb
d87-03.bin with 2097152kb
d87-04.bin with 2097152kb
d87-05.bin with 2097152kb
d87-06.bin with 2097152kb
d87-08.bin with 2097152kb
d87-10.bin with 524288kb
d87-11.bin with 524288kb
d87-12.bin with 524288kb
d87-13.bin with 262144kb
d87-14.bin with 262144kb
d87-16.bin with 524288kb
d87-17.bin with 2097152kb
- 0.147u2: hap fixed clone Omega Fighter Special. The game fails to boot or finish post. After showing bad rom errors, the game resets.
- 0.147u1: Fixed maincpu rom loading.
- 0.122u7: Fixed gfx1/2/3/4/5 rom loading.
- 0.89u3: Changed Z80 CPU2 clock speed to 5MHz.
- 0.37b10: Yochizo added 'Omega Fighter' (UPL 1989) and clone Omega Fighter Special.
- 21st November 2000: Yochizo fixed some graphics bugs in the Omega Fighter / Atomic Robo-kid driver.
- 8th November 2000: Yochizo sent in a driver for Omega Fighter and Atomic Robo-kid.
- 25th April 1999: Dumped Omega Fighter Special.
LEVELS: 8 (restarts once)
* FB Alpha
Recommended Games (Star Force):
Night Star (DECO Cassette)
Alpha Mission / ASO
Alpha Mission II / ASO II
Astro Warrior (Mega-Tech)
Truxton / Tatsujin
Tatsujin (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
Truxton II / Tatsujin Oh
GunHed (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
The Next Space
Super Star Soldier (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
Strike Gunner S.T.G
Final Star Force
Viper Phase 1
Mars Matrix: Hyper Solid Shooting
Romset: 2016 kb / 8 files / 457.8 zip
Credits Mameinfo and Mametesters Project Robert J. Rabgno et al.
Darius Gaiden - Silver Hawk (c) 1994 Taito Corporation.
In the game, the third in the sequel of Darius series; the player flies an ornate fighter craft called a Silver Hawk. The craft is equipped with two attack weapons: Missile (forward-firing standard gun) and Bomb (drops from the bottom of the ship). The Silver Hawk is also equipped with the 'Arm' (armor); a green energy shield that can absorb enemy attacks without harm to the ship. Some enemies leave panels behind that can be collected to power-up your shots, missiles or shield.
The graphics and sound are superior to those of the previous Darius games, and the game employs a lot of impressive visual effects; for example, the Silver Hawk warps into a stage dramatically in the fourth-tier stages, and begins to burn on re-entry at the start of the sixth-tier stages.
The bosses are huge and far more complex than those of the previous games, each employing several attack patterns and explode with powerful warping and twisting effects upon their defeat.
- TECHNICAL -
Runs on the "Taito F3 System" Hardware.
Prom Stickers: D87
Screen Orientation: Horizontal
Control: 8-Way Joystick
=> Missile, Bomb
- TRIVIA -
Darius Gaiden was released on September 19, 1994.
The title of this game translates from Japanese as 'Darius Side Story - Silver Hawk'.
The game forbids the initials 'SEX' on the high score table. If you try, it gets changed to 'AAA'.
Pony Canyon / Scitron released a limited-edition soundtrack album for this game (Darius Gaiden - PCCB-00166) on November 18, 1994.
- UPDATES -
The US version has the "Recycle It, Don't Trash It!" screen.
There was an EXTRA version (on March 6, 1995) in this game and it was their official hack with increased rapid fire, and swapped bosses. In this EXTRA version, in a 1-player game, if you press 2P Start, you won't be able to select your path at the end of a level, and you'll have to complete the 28 levels to end the game. The same "trick" is available in a 2-player game if you press 2P Start first, then let Player 1 join in.
- TIPS AND TRICKS -
* Items list:
- Red Shield: Appears when a red enemy is destroyed. Your shots are powered up by one level.
- Green Shield: Appears when a green enemy is destroyed. When three have been obtained, your surface bombs are powered up by one level.
- Blue Shield: Appears when a blue enemy is destroyed. When five have been obtained, your barrier is upgraded by one level.
- Violet Shield: This is hidden in the landscape and appears when it is hit by a bomb. Your Black Hole bomb supply is increased by one.
- Silver Shield: This is hidden in the landscape and appears when it is hit by a bomb. Awards a bonus score.
- Gold Shield: This is hidden in the landscape and appears when it is hit by a bomb. It will destroy all enemies on the screen.
- Extend Medallion: This is hidden in the landscape and appears when it is hit by a bomb. It will award you one extra life.
* Shoot the control ball to detach it from the mid-level boss. Then collect the ball to use the mid-level boss as a weapon.
- SERIES -
1. Darius (1987, Arcade)
2. Darius II (1989, Arcade)
3. Darius Twin [Model SHVC-DT] (1991, Super Famicom)
4. Darius Force [Model SHVC-DH] (1993, Super Famicom)
5. Darius Gaiden - Silver Hawk (1994, Arcade)
6. G-Darius (1997, Arcade)
7. G-Darius ver.2 (1997, Arcade)
8. Darius Burst (2009, Sony PSP)
9. Darius Burst - Another Chronicle (2010, Arcade)
10. Darius Burst - Another Chronicle EX (2011, Arcade)
- STAFF -
Producer: Hidehiro Fujihara
Game Designers: Hisakazu Kato, Akira Kurabayashi, Masami Kikuchi, Yutaka Nagayama, Naoto Omura, Hidetaka Harada, Rintaro Doi, Katsumi Kaneoka, Hisayoshi Ogura, Katsuhisa Ishikawa
Thanks: Kentaro Matsumura
Art Directors: Kat, Masami Kikuchi, Baw-Baw
Programmers: Kurabar, Yutaka Nagayama, Naoto Dmura, Hidetaka Harada
Hardware Engineer: Katsumi Kaneoka
Decorator: Rintaro Doi
Sound (Zuntata): Hisayoshi Ogura (OGR.), Katsuhisa Ishikawa
Bit Pattern: Makoto Fujita, Ucky Maeda, Tohru Kawaishi, Yuko Kajihara, Miwa Kamiya, Vap, A-Wave
Special Thanks: Hisao Shimizu, Ichiro Fujisue, Rie Amino, Takako Akitsu, Masahiro Tashito, Nakayama Jotohei, Nobuyuki Hayashi, Ryota Komai, Yasunobu Kosokabe, Mitsuru Fukumoto, Saori Hiratsuka, Ryota Sasaki, Naoto Yagishita, Takao Yoshiba, Nobuaki Kuroki, Yuichi Onogi, Makoto Osaka, Yoshihiro Mori, Naomitsu Abe, Masatoshi Tsuneoka, Yosuke Tsuda, Papara Kaito, Yoshinari Mitani, I,G Tatsunoko
- PORTS -
* Consoles :
Sega Saturn [JP] (December 15, 1995) "Darius Gaiden [Model T-1102G]"
Sega Saturn [EU] (1996) "Darius Gaiden [Model T-8123H-50]"
Sega Saturn [US] (1996) "Darius Gaiden [Model T-8123H]"
Sony PlayStation [JP] (December 13, 1996) "Darius Gaiden [Model SLPS-00574]"
Sony PlayStation 2 [JP] (July 28, 2005) "Taito Memories Joukan [Model SLPM-66057]"
Sony PlayStation 2 [AU] (March 30, 2006) "Taito Legends 2 [Model SLES-53852]"
Microsoft XBOX [EU] (March 31, 2006) "Taito Legends 2"
Sony PlayStation 2 [EU] (March 31, 2006) "Taito Legends 2 [Model SLES-53852]"
Sony PlayStation 2 [US] (May 16, 2007) "Taito Legends 2 [Model SLUS-21349]"
* Computers :
PC [MS Windows, CD-ROM] [US] (1998)
PC [MS Windows, CD-ROM] [EU] (March 31, 2006) "Taito Legends 2"
PC [MS Windows, CD-ROM] [US] (July 10, 2007) "Taito Legends 2"
- CONTRIBUTE -
Edit this entry: http://www.arcade-history.com/?&page=detail&id=586&o=2
Licensed from Alexis Bousiges under a CC Attribution 3.0 License
00000000 400091 00000009 FFFFFFFF Infinite Credits
60000000 000000 00000000 00000000
00000000 41B1DD 00000009 FFFFFFFF Infinite Lives PL1
00000000 41B1F1 00000005 FFFFFFFF Infinite Bombs PL1
00000000 41B1E1 00000005 FFFFFFFF Invincibility PL1
60000000 000000 00000000 00000000
00000000 41B267 00000009 FFFFFFFF Infinite Lives PL2
00000000 41B27B 00000005 FFFFFFFF Infinite Bombs PL2
00000000 41B26B 00000005 FFFFFFFF Invincibility PL2
60000000 000000 00000000 00000000
62000000 000000 00000000 00000000 Select Region After you enable this cheat to see any effect you will have to reset the game (F3). Then you may have to turn the Test Mode ON (F2), wait for Test Mode to appear and reset again(F3).
20810000 1FFFFF 00000001 FFFFFFFF Japan
20810000 1FFFFF 00000002 FFFFFFFF US
20810000 1FFFFF 00000003 FFFFFFFF World
Credit Pugsy's MAME Cheat file