• Computer & PC Games
• Console Games
• Arcade Games
• Pinball Machines
• Handheld Games
• Traditional Games
• PlayStation 2
• Game Boy Advance
• Nintendo 64
and more platforms...
You are a game expert?
You are interested in
sharing your knowledge?
Submit your data here:
• Top contributors
Units produced: Artic
Controls/Input Device: Control(joy8way), Buttons(1)
Number of Players: 2
Acting Talent involved:
More Machine Details:
More System Details:
Game Awards Nominations:
Game Awards Won:
Devil Fish VGMuseum Game Endings
Devil Fish on CAESAR
Devil Fish high score and replay at MARP
Devil Fish on datObase
MAME folder name: devilfsh
Display: raster 256x224 @ 60.61Hz (60.61 pixclock)
Sound: 1 channels
Emulated in MAME via driver scramble.c:
Status: good; Emulation: good
Graphic: good; Sound: good; Color: good
Palette size: 98; Savestate: supported
c01s.6e with 32kb
u101.13 with 4096kb
u114.5 with 2048kb
u133.6 with 2048kb
u143.7 with 2048kb
u163.8 with 2048kb
u26.1 with 2048kb
u39.9 with 2048kb
u51.10 with 2048kb
u56.2 with 2048kb
u69.3 with 2048kb
u72.12 with 4096kb
u78.11 with 2048kb
u98.4 with 2048kb
- 0.147u2: hap fixed clone Omega Fighter Special. The game fails to boot or finish post. After showing bad rom errors, the game resets.
- 0.147u1: Fixed maincpu rom loading.
- 0.122u7: Fixed gfx1/2/3/4/5 rom loading.
- 0.89u3: Changed Z80 CPU2 clock speed to 5MHz.
- 0.37b10: Yochizo added 'Omega Fighter' (UPL 1989) and clone Omega Fighter Special.
- 21st November 2000: Yochizo fixed some graphics bugs in the Omega Fighter / Atomic Robo-kid driver.
- 8th November 2000: Yochizo sent in a driver for Omega Fighter and Atomic Robo-kid.
- 25th April 1999: Dumped Omega Fighter Special.
LEVELS: 8 (restarts once)
* FB Alpha
Recommended Games (Star Force):
Night Star (DECO Cassette)
Alpha Mission / ASO
Alpha Mission II / ASO II
Astro Warrior (Mega-Tech)
Truxton / Tatsujin
Tatsujin (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
Truxton II / Tatsujin Oh
GunHed (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
The Next Space
Super Star Soldier (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
Strike Gunner S.T.G
Final Star Force
Viper Phase 1
Mars Matrix: Hyper Solid Shooting
Romset: 2016 kb / 8 files / 457.8 zip
Credits Mameinfo and Mametesters Project Robert J. Rabgno et al.
Devil Fish (c) 1982 Artic Electronics.
The player controls Sea Dog, who must feed Devil Fish in order to make them trap themselves on the several passages of the maze, as they will be too fat to advance. When they are trapped, Sea Dog must touch them. Immediately after that, a little house will appear on the center of the maze. Touch it and a part of a drawing will be revealed. Repeat this procedure until the complete image is revealed and Sea Dog will move on to the next level.
- TECHNICAL -
Main CPU : Zilog Z80 (@ 3.072 Mhz)
Sound CPU : Zilog Z80 (@ 1.78975 Mhz)
Sound Chips : (2x) General Instrument AY8910 (@ 1.78975 Mhz)
Players : 2
Control : 4-way joystick
Buttons : 1
- TRIVIA -
Devil Fish was released in June 1982.
A bootleg of this game was released in 1984 by Vision on the Galaxian hardware.
- SCORING -
Killing a type 1 small octopus : 100 points.
Killing a type 1 large octopus : 150 points.
Killing a type 2 small octopus : 150 points.
Killing a type 2 large octopus : 200 points.
Killing a type 3 small octopus : 200 points.
Killing a type 3 large octopus : 250 points.
Killing a type 4 small octopus : 250 points.
Killing a type 4 large octopus : 300 points.
- TIPS AND TRICKS -
* Try to lure more than one octopus at once into a gate to increase your score.
* Don't delay too long on any screen as the next screen will start with faster enemies.
* Wait on the other side of a gate where you know a pursuing octopus will get trapped and pick it off as soon as it gets stuck. If another octopus was close behind the dead one, move back over the gate and kill it when it gets stuck.
* Since the octopuses always pursue you, you can use this to get them to follow the path you want.
* Don't collect extra fish at the start of a screen since no more than 15 can be stored, and any extras are lost.
* Use the side tunnels to move across the screen, and the enemies don't often pursue you through them.
* When being pursued by a fast and small octopus drop two fish in front of it, taking it to its largest size and slowing it down.
- CONTRIBUTE -
Edit this entry: http://www.arcade-history.com/?&page=detail&id=632&o=2
Licensed from Alexis Bousiges under a CC Attribution 3.0 License
00000000 410E 00000003 FFFFFFFF Infinite Lives
00000000 412E 00000010 FFFFFFFF Infinite Fish
20800000 28C7 000000C9 FFFFFFFF Invincibility
Credit Pugsy's MAME Cheat file