• Console Games
• Arcade Games
• Pinball Machines
• Handheld Games
• Traditional Games
• PlayStation 2
• Game Boy Advance
• Nintendo 64
and more platforms...
You are interested in
sharing your knowledge?
Submit your data here:
• Top contributors
Units produced: ????
Number of Players:
Acting Talent involved:
More Machine Details:
More System Details:
Game Awards Won:
Fantasy Zone 2 VGMuseum Game Endings
Fantasy Zone 2 on CAESAR
Fantasy Zone 2 high score and replay at MARP
Fantasy Zone 2 on datObase
MAME folder name: fantzn2
Display: raster 256x192 @ 60.00Hz (60.00 pixclock)
Sound: 1 channels
Emulated in MAME via driver segae.c:
Status: good; Emulation: good
Graphic: good; Sound: good; Color: good
Palette size: 512; Savestate: unsupported
317-0057.key with 8192kb
epr-11412.ic2 with 65536kb
epr-11413.ic3 with 65536kb
epr-11414.ic4 with 65536kb
epr-11415.ic5 with 65536kb
epr-11416.ic7 with 32768kb
- 0.147u2: hap fixed clone Omega Fighter Special. The game fails to boot or finish post. After showing bad rom errors, the game resets.
- 0.147u1: Fixed maincpu rom loading.
- 0.122u7: Fixed gfx1/2/3/4/5 rom loading.
- 0.89u3: Changed Z80 CPU2 clock speed to 5MHz.
- 0.37b10: Yochizo added 'Omega Fighter' (UPL 1989) and clone Omega Fighter Special.
- 21st November 2000: Yochizo fixed some graphics bugs in the Omega Fighter / Atomic Robo-kid driver.
- 8th November 2000: Yochizo sent in a driver for Omega Fighter and Atomic Robo-kid.
- 25th April 1999: Dumped Omega Fighter Special.
LEVELS: 8 (restarts once)
* FB Alpha
Recommended Games (Star Force):
Night Star (DECO Cassette)
Alpha Mission / ASO
Alpha Mission II / ASO II
Astro Warrior (Mega-Tech)
Truxton / Tatsujin
Tatsujin (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
Truxton II / Tatsujin Oh
GunHed (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
The Next Space
Super Star Soldier (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
Strike Gunner S.T.G
Final Star Force
Viper Phase 1
Mars Matrix: Hyper Solid Shooting
Romset: 2016 kb / 8 files / 457.8 zip
Credits Mameinfo and Mametesters Project Robert J. Rabgno et al.
Fantasy Zone II - The Tears of Opa-Opa (c) 1988 Sega.
Once again you control Opa-Opa, a pretty colored ship with wings on its side and must destroy the large creatures in each world before moving on to the next. Your task becomes difficult by other small creatures that happen to pass by. If you destroy a large creature, they will drop a dollar bill, which you can pick up and use at the shop to buy items and powerful weapons such as laser beams, x-way shots, and big wings. Another way to get money is to shoot certain kinds of enemies all in a row.
- TECHNICAL -
Runs on the Sega "System E" hardware.
Main CPU: Zilog Z80
Sound Chips: (2x) Texas Instruments SN76496
- TRIVIA -
This is an enhanced adaptation of the Sega Master System game. It was released in 1988, a year after its console counterpart, and adapted for the arcade by Sunsoft, who also handled the Famicom ports of the Fantasy Zone games in Japan.
This version is very similar to the Sega Master System version on which it is based. The graphics and sound are seemingly identical, but a few changes have been made. There is a timer that forces the player to progress quickly through the stages, and counters that show which targets have been destroyed, like those in the first game. There are also new end-of-level scoring bonuses.
- SERIES -
1. Fantasy Zone (1986, ARC)
2. Fantasy Zone II - Opa Opa no Namida [Model G-1329] (1987, Mark III)
3. Opa Opa [Model G-1343] (1987, Mark III)
4. Fantasy Zone Gear - OpaOpa Jr. no Bouken [Model T-44017] (1991, Game Gear)
5. Space Fantasy Zone (1991, PC-Engine CD)
6. Super Fantasy Zone (1993, Mega Drive)
7. Fantasy Zone II - The Tears of Opa-Opa (2008, PS2)
- CONTRIBUTE -
Edit this entry: http://www.arcade-history.com/?&page=detail&id=811&o=2
Licensed from Alexis Bousiges under a CC Attribution 3.0 License
00000000 E000 00000009 FFFFFFFF Infinite Credits
00000000 C0A3 00000005 FFFFFFFF Infinite Lives
A0800000 135E 00000018 FFFFFFFF Invincibility Anything that touches you dies on contact
20810000 135F 0000004C FFFFFFFF Invincibility (2/3) Parts 1 & 2 for most collisions
20810000 12FB 00000000 FFFFFFFF Invincibility (3/3) some Boss Screen collisions
000000E0 C054 00000099 FFFFFFFF Infinite Life
00000000 C051 00000099 FFFFFFFF Infinite Shop Time
00200000 C0B8 00099999 FFFFFFFF Always have Maximum Money
Credit Pugsy's MAME Cheat file