• Computer & PC Games
• Console Games
• Arcade Games
• Pinball Machines
• Handheld Games
• Traditional Games
• PlayStation 2
• Game Boy Advance
• Nintendo 64
and more platforms...
You are a game expert?
You are interested in
sharing your knowledge?
Submit your data here:
• Top contributors
Platform: Neo Geo MVS
Units produced: SNK
Controls/Input Device: Control(joy8way), Buttons(4)
Number of Players: 2
Acting Talent involved:
More Machine Details:
More System Details:
Game Awards Nominations:
Game Awards Won:
Fatal Fury 2 / Garou Densetsu 2 - arata-naru tatakai VGMuseum Game Endings
Fatal Fury 2 / Garou Densetsu 2 - arata-naru tatakai on CAESAR
Fatal Fury 2 / Garou Densetsu 2 - arata-naru tatakai high score and replay at MARP
Fatal Fury 2 / Garou Densetsu 2 - arata-naru tatakai on datObase
MAME folder name: fatfury2
Display: raster 320x224 @ 59.19Hz (59.19 pixclock)
Sound: 2 channels
Emulated in MAME via driver neodrvr.c:
Status: good; Emulation: good
Graphic: good; Sound: good; Color: good
Palette size: 0; Savestate: unsupported
000-lo.lo with 131072kb
047-c1.bin with 2097152kb
047-c2.bin with 2097152kb
047-c3.bin with 2097152kb
047-c4.bin with 2097152kb
047-m1.bin with 131072kb
047-p1.bin with 524288kb
047-p2.bin with 524288kb
047-s1.bin with 131072kb
047-v1.bin with 2097152kb
047-v2.bin with 2097152kb
asia-s3.rom with 131072kb
sfix.sfix with 131072kb
sm1.sm1 with 131072kb
sp-e.sp1 with 131072kb
sp-j2.rom with 131072kb
sp-s.sp1 with 131072kb
sp-s2.sp1 with 131072kb
sp1.jipan.1024 with 131072kb
uni-bios_1_0.rom with 131072kb
uni-bios_1_1.rom with 131072kb
uni-bios_1_2.rom with 131072kb
uni-bios_1_2o.rom with 131072kb
uni-bios_1_3.rom with 131072kb
uni-bios_2_0.rom with 131072kb
uni-bios_2_1.rom with 131072kb
uni-bios_2_2.rom with 131072kb
uni-bios_2_3.rom with 131072kb
uni-bios_2_3o.rom with 131072kb
usa_2slt.bin with 131072kb
vs-bios.rom with 131072kb
- 0.147u2: hap fixed clone Omega Fighter Special. The game fails to boot or finish post. After showing bad rom errors, the game resets.
- 0.147u1: Fixed maincpu rom loading.
- 0.122u7: Fixed gfx1/2/3/4/5 rom loading.
- 0.89u3: Changed Z80 CPU2 clock speed to 5MHz.
- 0.37b10: Yochizo added 'Omega Fighter' (UPL 1989) and clone Omega Fighter Special.
- 21st November 2000: Yochizo fixed some graphics bugs in the Omega Fighter / Atomic Robo-kid driver.
- 8th November 2000: Yochizo sent in a driver for Omega Fighter and Atomic Robo-kid.
- 25th April 1999: Dumped Omega Fighter Special.
LEVELS: 8 (restarts once)
* FB Alpha
Recommended Games (Star Force):
Night Star (DECO Cassette)
Alpha Mission / ASO
Alpha Mission II / ASO II
Astro Warrior (Mega-Tech)
Truxton / Tatsujin
Tatsujin (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
Truxton II / Tatsujin Oh
GunHed (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
The Next Space
Super Star Soldier (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
Strike Gunner S.T.G
Final Star Force
Viper Phase 1
Mars Matrix: Hyper Solid Shooting
Romset: 2016 kb / 8 files / 457.8 zip
Credits Mameinfo and Mametesters Project Robert J. Rabgno et al.
é¤ç¼ä¼èª¬2 æ°ããªãéã (c) 1992 SNK Corp.
(Garou Densetsu 2 - Arata-Naru Tatakai)
The lone wolves are back once again and they will battle the world's strongest fighters. However a mysterious & powerful new enemy is looking for them, the ones who defeated Geese Howard.
Can the lone wolves face this new threat and come out victorious?
Features backgrounds with 2 different background planes, improved control & some very nice music! :)
- TECHNICAL -
Runs on the SNK "Neo-Geo MVS" hardware.
Game ID : NGM-047
[SNK MVS Neo-Geo Controls]
2 players - 4 buttons per player.
[Joystick] 8-way, => [A] Quick Punch [B] Quick Kick [C] Strong Punch [D] Strong Kick
- TRIVIA -
Garou Densetsu 2 was released in December 1992 in Japan.
The title of the translates from Japanese as 'Legend of Hungry Wolf 2 - The New Battle'.
This game is known outside Japan as 'Fatal Fury 2'. According to the USA flyer, the name of the game is 'Fatal Fury 2 - The Sultan of Slugs Battle Royale'.
Things that changed in this sequel :
* This game allows you to switch between the background & foreground planes at will (in the first game, you could only switch planes if the CPU was on a different battle plane!).
* The game ditches the previous game's 3 button setup (punch, kick & throw) in favor of a new 4 button setup (light & heavy punches & kicks). This is apparently one of the very first Neo-Geo fighters to use this now common button setup.
* This game introduces the use of Desperation Moves (highly damaging techniques that can only be used when the life-bar is flashing red). This game as well as "Art of Fighting" were the first fighting games to introduce these moves.
* Newcomers in the game are : Mai Shiranui, Cheng Sinzan, Kim Kaphwan, Jubei Yamada, Big Bear (aka Raiden), Axel Hawk, Lawrence Blood & Wolfgang Krauser. Richard Meyer, Michael Max, Tung Fu Rue, Duck King, Hwa Jai & Geese Howard were left out! (although some of them make some cameos during some of the game's cut-scenes!).
Just as the first game introduced the famed Terry Bogard, this game features SNK's most popular fighter lady : Mai Shiranui! :). Mai appears in "Quiz King of Fighters" as selectable character.
The Hungry Wolf is a reference to Terry Bogard, the main character in Fatal Fury. Terry, Andy and Joe (and to a lesser extent, Mai and Mary) are referred to as the Lone Wolves.
Keeping the tradition of the first game, an animated movie based on this game was released in Japan featuring character designs by Masami Ohbari. The movie was also released in the USA by Viz Video, a division of Viz Comics. After the second Fatal Fury movie was released, a third movie followed (which predated "Fatal Fury 3 - Road to the Final Victory"). It follows the adventures of the Lonely Wolves (Terry, Andy, Joe and Mai) as they attempt to prevent a power-hungry man from claiming all the parts of the legendary Armor of Mars.
When a player wins a match in a single player game, the post match screen shows people watching the tournament inside the Pao Pao Cafe from the first game, "Fatal Fury - King of Fighters".
Pony Canyon released a limited-edition soundtrack album for this game (Garou Densetsu 2 - PCCB-00111) on 19/02/1993.
[FR] March 1993 - Consoles + No. 18: 97/100 (AES version)
- TIPS AND TRICKS -
* You can only see any character's ending if you beat the game with a single credit used (no continues or 2-Player matches are allowed)
* Just like the first game, it's possible to use the strategy of dashing at your opponents just as they're getting up in order to damage them repeatedly.
* Billy Kane, Axel Hawk and Lawrence Blood all have stages that use a single plane, with the 'second' plane having objects on it that can injure players if they're knocked against them (all three of these bosses have ways of throwing their opponents into the background). You can knock the bosses into the background too by standing close to them while they're dazed and then hitting them with a good hard kick or punch.
- SERIES -
1. Garou Densetsu - Shukumei no Tatakai [Model NGM-033] (1991, MVS)
2. Garou Densetsu 2 - Arata-Naru Tatakai [Model NGM-047] (1992, MVS)
3. Garou Densetsu Special [Model NGM-058] (1993, MVS)
4. Garou Densetsu 3 - Harukanaru Tatakai [Model NGM-069] (1995, MVS)
5. Real Bout Garou Densetsu [Model NGM-095] (1995, MVS)
6. Real Bout Garou Densetsu Special [Model NGM-223] (1997, MVS)
7. Real Bout Garou Densetsu 2 - The Newcomers [Model NGM-240] (199, MVS8)
8. Fatal Fury Wild Ambition (1999, ARC)
9. Garou - Mark of the Wolves [Model NGM-253] (1999, MVS)
10. Fatal Fury First Contact [Model NEOP00111] (1999, NGPC)
- STAFF -
Producer : Eikichi Kawasaki
Planners : Deru-Deru, Tsukamichi-2, Chinta
Object Designers : Higashi Pon (Higashipon Mark3), Tony Oki, Tsuzakingyo (Tsuzakingyo 2), Lionheart, U.G, Ryouji-Sei, Soe Soe (Super Soe Soe), Heitarou, Terarin, Horipu (Horigen. Pu-Ta)
Back Scroll Designers : Moriyan, Somatreeno, Oba Obata, Shibatarian, Uri Midopon, A-Chang
Character Back Up : Manuke, Teizo Muta 92, Kama Kama, Takeshi Kimura, Man, Take. P, Albinome, Pinkey. TBC440
Programmers : Yamatan (Yamatan-2' Turbo), Speaker. R
Sound : Toshio Shimizm (Shimizm), Yoko, Jojoha Kitapy, YLF. Communicate, Paciorek, Masahiko Hataya (Papaya)
* Voice Actors :
Terry Bogard : Satoshi Hashimoto
Andy Bogard : Jun Hashimoto
Joe Higashi : Katsuhisa Namase
Mai Shiranui : Akoya Sogi
Big Bear : Dango Takeda
Cheng Sinzan : Jun Hashimoto
Laurence Blood : Katsuhisa Namase
Axel Hawk : Michael Beard
Billy Kane : Katsuhisa Namase
Wolfgang Krauser : Michael Beard
Special Thanks : Kazuya Hirata, Prince Deguchi, Kura, Shinchan, Data Tada, Oh!Butch (Oh! Buchii), Carry, Kenchan, Miyagami, Satochan, Sanpo, Iwata Kun, Hiroshi Matsumoto (Finish Hiroshi), Akiko Tsuruta, Mie Kurita, Megumi Moriyama, 1st Operation Staff
- PORTS -
* Consoles :
SNK Neo-Geo [JP] (Mar.5, 1993; "Garou Densetsu 2 - Arata-Naru Tatakai [Model NGH-047]")
Nintendo Super Famicom [JP] (Nov.26, 1993; "Garou Densetsu 2 - Arata-Naru Tatakai [Model SHVC-DJ]")
NEC PC-Engine CD [JP] (Mar.12, 1994; "Garou Densetsu 2 - Arata-Naru Tatakai [Model HCD4060]")
Nintendo Super NES [US] (Apr. 1994; "Fatal Fury 2 [Model SNS-DJ]")
Nintendo Super NES [EU] (1994; "Fatal Fury 2 [Model SNSP-DJ]")
Sega Mega Drive [JP] (June 24, 1994; "Garou Densetsu 2 - Arata-Naru Tatakai [Model T-146023]")
Sega Genesis [US] (1994; "Fatal Fury 2")
Nintendo Game Boy [JP] (July 29, 1994; "Nettou Garou Densetsu 2 - Arata-Naru Tatakai [Model DMG-X3J]")
SNK Neo-Geo CD [JP] (Sep.9, 1994; "Garou Densetsu 2 - Arata-Naru Tatakai [Model NGCD-047]")
Sony PlayStation 2 [JP] (July 20, 2006; "Garou Densetsu Battle Archives 1 [NeoGeo Online Collection Vol.5] [Model SLPS-25664]")
Sony PlayStation 2 [US] (Aug.2007, "Fatal Fury Battle Archives Volume 1")
Sony PlayStation 2 [EU] (July 2008, "Fatal Fury Battle Archives Volume 1")
Sony PlayStation 2 [JP] (May 29, 2008; "Garou Densetsu Battle Archives 1 [NeoGeo Online Collection The Best] [Model SLPS-25863]")
* Computers :
Sharp X68000 [JP] (Dec. 23, 1993, "Garou Densetsu 2 [Model MGX-5002]")
- CONTRIBUTE -
Edit this entry: http://www.arcade-history.com/?&page=detail&id=819&o=2
Licensed from Alexis Bousiges under a CC Attribution 3.0 License
00000000 10092A 00000099 FFFFFFFF Infinite Time
00000001 10092A 00000000 FFFFFFFF Finish Round Now!
20800000 01A3F7 00000002 FFFFFFFF Always Enable Special Move
60000000 000000 00000000 00000000
00000000 1003CB 00000060 FFFFFFFF Infinite Energy PL1
00000001 1003CB 00000000 FFFFFFFF Drain all Energy Now! PL1
62000001 000000 00000000 00000000 Select Character PL1 Free player selection - Use on the selection screen. If it doesn't work, then press F3 in order to reset the machine.
00010001 102693 00000009 FFFFFFFF Billy Kane
00010001 102693 0000000A FFFFFFFF Axel Hawk
00010001 102693 0000000B FFFFFFFF Laurence Blood
00010001 102693 0000000C FFFFFFFF Wolfgang Krauser
60000000 000000 00000000 00000000
00000000 1004CB 00000060 FFFFFFFF Infinite Energy PL2
00000001 1004CB 00000000 FFFFFFFF Drain all Energy Now! PL2
62000001 000000 00000000 00000000 Select Character PL2 Free player selection - Use on the selection screen. If it doesn't work, then press F3 in order to reset the machine.
00010001 102793 00000009 FFFFFFFF Billy Kane
00010001 102793 0000000A FFFFFFFF Axel Hawk
00010001 102793 0000000B FFFFFFFF Laurence Blood
00010001 102793 0000000C FFFFFFFF Wolfgang Krauser
60000000 000000 00000000 00000000
62000000 000000 00000000 00000000 Select Cartridge/NeoGeo Type Enable it DURING the neogeo bios booting sequence. If you miss the boot sequence reset and THEN enable it. The Home (NEOGEO) setting may open up other aspects of the game or it may even make the game unplayable.
00010000 10FD82 00000080 FFFFFFFF Arcade (MVS)
00010000 10FD82 00000000 FFFFFFFF Home (NEOGEO)
Credit Pugsy's MAME Cheat file