• Computer & PC Games
• Console Games
• Arcade Games
• Pinball Machines
• Handheld Games
• Traditional Games
• PlayStation 2
• Game Boy Advance
• Nintendo 64
and more platforms...
You are a game expert?
You are interested in
sharing your knowledge?
Submit your data here:
• Top contributors
Units produced: Taito Corporation
Controls/Input Device: Control(joy8way), Buttons(2)
Number of Players: 2
Acting Talent involved:
More Machine Details:
More System Details:
Game Awards Nominations:
Game Awards Won:
Fighting Hawk (Japan) VGMuseum Game Endings
Fighting Hawk (Japan) on CAESAR
Fighting Hawk (Japan) high score and replay at MARP
Fighting Hawk (Japan) on datObase
MAME folder name: fhawk
Display: raster 320x224 @ 60.00Hz (60.00 pixclock)
Sound: 1 channels
Emulated in MAME via driver taito_l.c:
Status: good; Emulation: good
Graphic: good; Sound: good; Color: good
Palette size: 256; Savestate: unsupported
b70-01.bin with 524288kb
b70-02.bin with 524288kb
b70-03.bin with 524288kb
b70-08.bin with 131072kb
b70-09.bin with 65536kb
b70-11.bin with 131072kb
- 0.147u2: hap fixed clone Omega Fighter Special. The game fails to boot or finish post. After showing bad rom errors, the game resets.
- 0.147u1: Fixed maincpu rom loading.
- 0.122u7: Fixed gfx1/2/3/4/5 rom loading.
- 0.89u3: Changed Z80 CPU2 clock speed to 5MHz.
- 0.37b10: Yochizo added 'Omega Fighter' (UPL 1989) and clone Omega Fighter Special.
- 21st November 2000: Yochizo fixed some graphics bugs in the Omega Fighter / Atomic Robo-kid driver.
- 8th November 2000: Yochizo sent in a driver for Omega Fighter and Atomic Robo-kid.
- 25th April 1999: Dumped Omega Fighter Special.
LEVELS: 8 (restarts once)
* FB Alpha
Recommended Games (Star Force):
Night Star (DECO Cassette)
Alpha Mission / ASO
Alpha Mission II / ASO II
Astro Warrior (Mega-Tech)
Truxton / Tatsujin
Tatsujin (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
Truxton II / Tatsujin Oh
GunHed (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
The Next Space
Super Star Soldier (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
Strike Gunner S.T.G
Final Star Force
Viper Phase 1
Mars Matrix: Hyper Solid Shooting
Romset: 2016 kb / 8 files / 457.8 zip
Credits Mameinfo and Mametesters Project Robert J. Rabgno et al.
Fighting Hawk (c) 1988 Taito.
The player controls his fighting plane 'Falcon' and fights against enemies in each round of grassy plain, iceberg, glacier, snowfield and city. His final aim is to shoot down the enemy's snowfield newest bomber 'Dragon Hat'.
- TECHNICAL -
Taito L System hardware
Prom Sticker : B70
Main CPU : (2x) Zilog Z80
Sound CPU : Zilog Z80
Sound Chips : YM2203
Players : 2
Control : 8-way joystick
Buttons : 2
- TRIVIA -
Many Japanese gamers expected this game was in the line of Toaplan's "Flying Shark". But the game played very differently from Toaplan's usual style. So, the game was a flop.
Fighting hawk's BGM and graphic engine were re-used in "Master of Weapon". Originally, Master of Weapon (at an early stage of development) was planned to be a sequel of Fighting Hawk.
The game forbids the initials 'SEX' on the high score table. If you try, it gets changed to 'H !'.
- TIPS AND TRICKS -
* Stage selection screen : like many others games in the Taito library, this game has a hidden stage selection screen, here is the process :
1) During the boot of the machine, press the 'service' button.
2) "Service switch error" should appears, new press 1P START (x3) and the service button (x1).
3) Stage Selection screen should appears.
- SERIES -
1. Flying Shark [TP-027] (1987)
2. Fighting Hawk (1988)
3. Fire Shark! [TP-017] (1989)
- STAFF -
Sound composer: V. Ohashi (Pinch Panchi)
- PORTS -
* Consoles :
Sony PlayStation 2 [JP] (January 25, 2007) "Taito Memories II Joukan [Model SLPM-66649]"
- CONTRIBUTE -
Edit this entry: http://www.arcade-history.com/?&page=detail&id=831&o=2
Licensed from Alexis Bousiges under a CC Attribution 3.0 License
00000000 9012 00000009 FFFFFFFF Infinite Bombs
00000000 9010 00000007 FFFFFFFF Maximum fire power
00000000 9013 00000000 FFFFFFFF Invincibility
00000703 9001 0000000A FFFFFFFF Select Next level
00000701 9001 0000000A FFFFFFFF Select current Level
60000000 0000 00000000 00000000
00000000 A249 0000000A FFFFFFFF Infinite Lives PL1
00000000 A24D 0000000A FFFFFFFF Infinite Lives PL2
Credit Pugsy's MAME Cheat file