• Computer & PC Games
• Console Games
• Arcade Games
• Pinball Machines
• Handheld Games
• Traditional Games
• PlayStation 2
• Game Boy Advance
• Nintendo 64
and more platforms...
You are a game expert?
You are interested in
sharing your knowledge?
Submit your data here:
• Top contributors
Units produced: Nichibutsu
Controls/Input Device: Control(joy8way)
Number of Players: 2
Acting Talent involved:
More Machine Details:
More System Details:
Game Awards Nominations:
Game Awards Won:
Frisky Tom (set 1) VGMuseum Game Endings
Frisky Tom (set 1) on CAESAR
Frisky Tom (set 1) high score and replay at MARP
Frisky Tom (set 1) on datObase
MAME folder name: friskyt
Display: raster 256x224 @ 60.00Hz (60.00 pixclock)
Sound: 1 channels
Emulated in MAME via driver seicross.c:
Status: good; Emulation: good
Graphic: good; Sound: good; Color: good
Palette size: 64; Savestate: unsupported
ft.9b with 32kb
ft.9c with 32kb
ft8_8.rom with 2048kb
ftom.01 with 4096kb
ftom.02 with 4096kb
ftom.03 with 4096kb
ftom.04 with 4096kb
ftom.05 with 4096kb
ftom.06 with 4096kb
ftom.07 with 4096kb
ftom.09 with 4096kb
ftom.10 with 4096kb
ftom.11 with 4096kb
ftom.12 with 4096kb
- 0.147u2: hap fixed clone Omega Fighter Special. The game fails to boot or finish post. After showing bad rom errors, the game resets.
- 0.147u1: Fixed maincpu rom loading.
- 0.122u7: Fixed gfx1/2/3/4/5 rom loading.
- 0.89u3: Changed Z80 CPU2 clock speed to 5MHz.
- 0.37b10: Yochizo added 'Omega Fighter' (UPL 1989) and clone Omega Fighter Special.
- 21st November 2000: Yochizo fixed some graphics bugs in the Omega Fighter / Atomic Robo-kid driver.
- 8th November 2000: Yochizo sent in a driver for Omega Fighter and Atomic Robo-kid.
- 25th April 1999: Dumped Omega Fighter Special.
LEVELS: 8 (restarts once)
* FB Alpha
Recommended Games (Star Force):
Night Star (DECO Cassette)
Alpha Mission / ASO
Alpha Mission II / ASO II
Astro Warrior (Mega-Tech)
Truxton / Tatsujin
Tatsujin (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
Truxton II / Tatsujin Oh
GunHed (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
The Next Space
Super Star Soldier (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
Strike Gunner S.T.G
Final Star Force
Viper Phase 1
Mars Matrix: Hyper Solid Shooting
Romset: 2016 kb / 8 files / 457.8 zip
Credits Mameinfo and Mametesters Project Robert J. Rabgno et al.
Frisky Tom (c) 1981 Nichibutsu [Nihon Bussan Company, Limited.].
You play the plumber Frisky Tom who is trying to get water from the top tank to a shower tank below. Mice interfere with your plans by stealing pipes blowing-up pipes and by biting Tom. If Tom fills enough water the shower tank, he advances to the next level. Depending upon how much water is in the tank, a woman in a bath tub will appear as an interlude between levels.
- TECHNICAL -
Upright model # FTA1001
CRT: 20 inch.
Width: 600 mm.
Depth: 690 mm.
Height: 1625 mm.
Power source: 100V~240V/110W
Main CPU : Zilog Z80 (@ 3.072 Mhz), NSC8105 (@ 1.5 Mhz)
Sound Chips : General Instrument AY8910 (@ 1.536 Mhz), DAC
Players : 2
Control : 4-way joystick
- TRIVIA -
Frisky Tom was released in October 1981. Nichibutsu never released the old version in the U.S. for unknown reasons, although one could guess one of them. Perhaps it was the naked woman in the bath tub in which as you advanced in the game, bubbles would be washed away revealing her breasts?? Probably didn't go over too well with the U.S. arcade owners in the early 80's.
When the game was released, the service manual that came with the original cabinet described the old version (set 2) of game play. That didn't help arcade owners much because it didn't match the system they received. The game wasn't very popular so there were few complaints.
The flyer reads 'Nichibutsu original custom C.P.U. was used for the first time in video games'.
Cast of Characters :
BOMB - When the bomb explodes, you lose a life.
MOLAR Mouse (Orange) - 50 points awarded if bumped by Tom.
PYRO Mouse (Pink) - Lights the bomb fuse.
MEAN Mouse (Blue) - If Tom runs into this mouse he will fall...so stay away!.
MEGATON Mouse (Violet) - Mouse who plants the bomb.
KLEPTO Mouse (Green) - Mouse who takes or carries away pieces of pipe.
- UPDATES -
Two Different Frisky Tom Games ?
The new version (set 1) differs from the old version (set 2) and has a tremendous impact on game play and strategy. In addition to the differences listed in the Cast of Characters, the following are also noted :
* Frisky Toms are tracked as 'lives' in the new version while in the old version they are water tanks.
* In the new version, the bottom tank starts with 4000 points and will gradually slip to 0 if no water gets to it. A life is lost at this point (Frisky Tom). In the old version, water must be filled to maximum to not lose a life (a tank). A song will be played when the bottom tank is filled completely.
* The bomb fuse can be put out by either dropping on it from the left or all the way to the end of the screen on the right (reappear on the left side) in the new version. In the old version you can only put out the fuse on the left side. You fall just short if you move off to the right side of the screen.
* MOLAR Mouse is worth 200 points in the new version.
* MOLAR mouse can be knocked down in any position on the pipes in the new version. MOLAR mouse can only be knocked off in the old version when he is transiting up and down on a pipe.
* In the new version MEAN Mouse is red.
* In the new version MEAN Mouse will kill Tom if he touches or falls on it. MEAN mouse doesn't fall in the old version.
* KLEPTO Mouse is not in the new version
* The new version has classes of difficulty 'A', 'B' & 'C'. In the old version there are no difficulty classes.
* In the new version the lady will appear between levels every time the bottom tank has more than 1900 points. Also she wears a bikini. In the old version the lady will appear every 3 levels or so and she is naked!
* Game config is backed up by 4.5v battery in old version.
* Old version uses larger board.
- PORTS -
* Consoles :
Atari 5200 (1982, prototype was programmed but was never released)
Nintendo Super Famicom (1995) "Nichibutsu Arcade Classics [Model SHVC-AACJ-JPN]"
Nintendo Game Boy (1995) "Frisky Tom [Model DMG-AFTJ-JPN]"
Sony PlayStation (1995) "Nichibutsu Arcade Classics [Model SLPS-00184]"
Sony PlayStation (2002) "Arcade Hits - Frisky Tom [Major Wave Serie] [Model SLPM-87118]"
* Computers :
* Others :
LCD Handheld Game (1982) by Bandai.
LCD Handheld Game (1982) Pipe Line. French release by Bandai.
VFD Handheld Game (1982) by Bandai.
- CONTRIBUTE -
Edit this entry: http://www.arcade-history.com/?&page=detail&id=877&o=2
Licensed from Alexis Bousiges under a CC Attribution 3.0 License
00000000 7834 00000050 FFFFFFFF Infinite Credits
20800000 3200 000000C9 FFFFFFFF Invincibility
20810000 3425 000000C9 FFFFFFFF Invincibility (2/2) 1st = Red Mouse, 2nd = Red Mouse in Falling
20800000 3282 000000C9 FFFFFFFF Mouse Never Bite a Pipe
20800000 3B38 00000000 FFFFFFFF Infinite Flow of Water
00000000 7A6F 00000099 FFFFFFFF Always have Max Bonus
60000000 0000 00000000 00000000
00000000 784B 00000007 FFFFFFFF Infinite Lives PL1
00000000 7857 00000007 FFFFFFFF Infinite Lives PL2
60000000 0000 00000000 00000000
20900000 000A 00000011 FFFFFFFF Skip RAM/ROM Check It's better to use together with Pre-Enable
Credit Pugsy's MAME Cheat file