• Computer & PC Games
• Console Games
• Arcade Games
• Pinball Machines
• Handheld Games
• Traditional Games
• PlayStation 2
• Game Boy Advance
• Nintendo 64
and more platforms...
You are a game expert?
You are interested in
sharing your knowledge?
Submit your data here:
• Top contributors
Units produced: Sega
Controls/Input Device: Control(joy8way), Buttons(3)
Number of Players: 4
Acting Talent involved:
More Machine Details:
More System Details:
Game Awards Nominations:
Game Awards Won:
Golden Axe - The Revenge of Death Adder (US) VGMuseum Game Endings
Golden Axe - The Revenge of Death Adder (US) on CAESAR
Golden Axe - The Revenge of Death Adder (US) high score and replay at MARP
Golden Axe - The Revenge of Death Adder (US) on datObase
MAME folder name: ga2
Display: raster 416x224 @ 60.00Hz (60.00 pixclock)
Sound: 2 channels
Emulated in MAME via driver segas32.c:
Status: imperfect; Emulation: good
Graphic: imperfect; Sound: good; Color: good
Palette size: 16384; Savestate: unsupported
epr14468 with 65536kb
epr14945 with 65536kb
epr14958.b with 131072kb
epr14961.b with 131072kb
epr15147.b with 262144kb
epr15148.b with 262144kb
mpr14942 with 1048576kb
mpr14943 with 1048576kb
mpr14944 with 1048576kb
mpr14947 with 2097152kb
mpr14948 with 2097152kb
mpr14949 with 2097152kb
mpr14950 with 2097152kb
mpr14951 with 2097152kb
mpr14952 with 2097152kb
mpr14953 with 2097152kb
mpr14954 with 2097152kb
mpr14955 with 2097152kb
mpr14956 with 2097152kb
- 0.147u2: hap fixed clone Omega Fighter Special. The game fails to boot or finish post. After showing bad rom errors, the game resets.
- 0.147u1: Fixed maincpu rom loading.
- 0.122u7: Fixed gfx1/2/3/4/5 rom loading.
- 0.89u3: Changed Z80 CPU2 clock speed to 5MHz.
- 0.37b10: Yochizo added 'Omega Fighter' (UPL 1989) and clone Omega Fighter Special.
- 21st November 2000: Yochizo fixed some graphics bugs in the Omega Fighter / Atomic Robo-kid driver.
- 8th November 2000: Yochizo sent in a driver for Omega Fighter and Atomic Robo-kid.
- 25th April 1999: Dumped Omega Fighter Special.
LEVELS: 8 (restarts once)
* FB Alpha
Recommended Games (Star Force):
Night Star (DECO Cassette)
Alpha Mission / ASO
Alpha Mission II / ASO II
Astro Warrior (Mega-Tech)
Truxton / Tatsujin
Tatsujin (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
Truxton II / Tatsujin Oh
GunHed (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
The Next Space
Super Star Soldier (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
Strike Gunner S.T.G
Final Star Force
Viper Phase 1
Mars Matrix: Hyper Solid Shooting
Romset: 2016 kb / 8 files / 457.8 zip
Credits Mameinfo and Mametesters Project Robert J. Rabgno et al.
Golden Axe - The Revenge of Death Adder (c) 1992 Sega.
Like it's legendary prequel, 1989's "Golden Axe"; 'Revenge' is sideways scrolling beat-em-up set in a traditional fantasy world, in which the evil 'Death Adder' has arisen to take over the lands. The game supports simultaneous four-player gameplay, with each player taking on one of the game's characters. The four available characters are 'Sternblade' (a barbarian warrior), 'Dora' (a female centaurian), 'Goah' (a giant with a dwarf sitting atop his shoulders) and 'Little Trix' (an agile, oriental-style warrior).
As with 'Golden Axe', as well as standard weapon attacks, each character has a special attack move that is activated by pressing both JUMP and ATTACK at the same time. Also, double-tapping the joystick right or left will cause the player to charge and smash into opponents. At certain points during the game, players will come across certain creatures and contraptions (such as dragons, giant scorpions and catapults) which, once the original occupier has been removed from the saddle, can be mounted and ridden/utilized to attack the enemy.
At certain points during a level, as well as at the end of each level, dwarfs appears carrying a sack on their back. Players can hit the dwarfs causing them to drop food and magic potions. During the course of the game, players will also come across numerous trapped prisoners. These can be released by either opening their cages (by pulling a rope or similar) or hacking at their foot manacles.
Unlike the linear level layout of its prequel, 'Revenge' offers the player a branching route through the game, adding to its variety and longevity.
- TECHNICAL -
Runs on the Sega "System 32" hardware.
Control: 8-way joystick
- TRIVIA -
Golden Axe TRODA was released in July 1992.
Gilius, the dwarf of the first episode is not directly playable on this sequel, but appears on the back of a giant named Goah.
Each time when you win a stage a map screen shows up. That map screen actually contains ancient Greek words, which translate as follows:
* The word at the bottom means 'river'.
* The bottom-left word means 'cave'.
* The bottom-right word means 'forest'.
* The word in the center means 'town'.
* The upper-left word means 'graveyard'.
* The word in the upper-right corner means 'sea'.
* And finally the word on top is the name of an ancient Greek mythological monster.
Wave Master released a limited-edition soundtrack album for this game (Golden Axe The Music - WM-0595~7) on 21/02/2008 containing music from the original arcade and Sega Mega Drive/Genesis series.
- UPDATES -
The Japanese version has some differences:
* Has 5 scenes (levels) instead of 7.
* Is a 2 players game only instead of 4.
* You have 2 lives and 24 of energy instead of 1 live and 40 of energy.
The US version has some differences:
* Forces the player to play all the 7 scenes (stages) of the game in a single play-through, while other versions present two intersections (both 2-ways) during the game to the player to choose from, so he/she can only see 5 scenes in a single play-through. Needless to say the latter make more sense.
* Is a 4-player game while other versions are 2-player.
* You have 1 live and 40 unit of energy while other versions have 2 live and 24 unit of energy.
* Has the "Recycle It, Don't Trash It!" and the "Winners Don't Use Drugs" screen.
- TIPS AND TRICKS -
* When 2 or more people are playing, it's possible to grab an enemy in a body slam technique by attacking the enemy simultaneously, which can cause a lot of damage.
* In the PIER level, when the tentacles appear, attacking them will chop the tentacle's tip off. The tip can then be picked up (and eaten) and will increase the player's health, having the same effect as the dwarf's food powerup.
- SERIES -
1. Golden Axe [Model 317-0110] (1989, ARC)
2. Golden Axe Warrior (1990, SMS)
3. Ax Battler - A Legend of Golden Axe (1991, Game Gear)
4. Golden Axe II (1991, ARC)
5. Golden Axe - The Revenge of Death Adder (1992, ARC)
6. Golden Axe III (1993, MD)
7. Golden Axe - The Duel [Model 610-0373-01] (1994, ARC)
8. Golden Axe - Beast Rider (2008, PS3/360)
- STAFF -
Composers: Masanori Takeuchi, Tomoyuki Kawamura
- CONTRIBUTE -
Edit this entry: http://www.arcade-history.com/?&page=detail&id=980&o=2
Licensed from Alexis Bousiges under a CC Attribution 3.0 License
00000000 20B430 00000004 FFFFFFFF Infinite Lives PL1
00000000 20010C 00000030 FFFFFFFF Infinite Energy PL1
00000000 20B43C 00000063 FFFFFFFF Infinite Magic PL1
60000000 000000 00000000 00000000
00000000 20B530 00000004 FFFFFFFF Infinite Lives PL2
00000000 20024C 00000030 FFFFFFFF Infinite Energy PL2
00000000 20B53C 00000063 FFFFFFFF Infinite Magic PL2
60000000 000000 00000000 00000000
00000000 20B630 00000004 FFFFFFFF Infinite Lives PL3
00000000 20038C 00000030 FFFFFFFF Infinite Energy PL3
00000000 20B63C 00000063 FFFFFFFF Infinite Magic PL3
60000000 000000 00000000 00000000
00000000 20B730 00000004 FFFFFFFF Infinite Lives PL4
00000000 2004CC 00000030 FFFFFFFF Infinite Energy PL4
00000000 20B73C 00000063 FFFFFFFF Infinite Magic PL4
Credit Pugsy's MAME Cheat file