• Computer & PC Games
• Console Games
• Arcade Games
• Pinball Machines
• Handheld Games
• Traditional Games
• PlayStation 2
• Game Boy Advance
• Nintendo 64
and more platforms...
You are a game expert?
You are interested in
sharing your knowledge?
Submit your data here:
• Top contributors
Units produced: Konami
Controls/Input Device: Control(joy8way), Buttons(3)
Number of Players: 2
Acting Talent involved:
More Machine Details:
More System Details:
Game Awards Nominations:
Game Awards Won:
Hard Puncher (Japan) VGMuseum Game Endings
Hard Puncher (Japan) on CAESAR
Hard Puncher (Japan) high score and replay at MARP
Hard Puncher (Japan) on datObase
MAME folder name: hpuncher
Display: raster 320x224 @ 60.61Hz (60.61 pixclock)
Sound: 2 channels
Emulated in MAME via driver twin16.c:
Status: good; Emulation: good
Graphic: good; Sound: good; Color: good
Palette size: 1024; Savestate: unsupported
870_c01.5a with 131072kb
870_c02.7c with 131072kb
870_f14.d8 with 16384kb
870_g03.10a with 32768kb
870_h04.4n with 65536kb
870_h05.6n with 65536kb
870_h06.8n with 65536kb
870_h07.10n with 65536kb
870_h08.4r with 65536kb
870_h09.6r with 65536kb
870c15.p13 with 524288kb
870c16.p15 with 524288kb
870c17.p16 with 524288kb
870c18.p18 with 524288kb
- 0.147u2: hap fixed clone Omega Fighter Special. The game fails to boot or finish post. After showing bad rom errors, the game resets.
- 0.147u1: Fixed maincpu rom loading.
- 0.122u7: Fixed gfx1/2/3/4/5 rom loading.
- 0.89u3: Changed Z80 CPU2 clock speed to 5MHz.
- 0.37b10: Yochizo added 'Omega Fighter' (UPL 1989) and clone Omega Fighter Special.
- 21st November 2000: Yochizo fixed some graphics bugs in the Omega Fighter / Atomic Robo-kid driver.
- 8th November 2000: Yochizo sent in a driver for Omega Fighter and Atomic Robo-kid.
- 25th April 1999: Dumped Omega Fighter Special.
LEVELS: 8 (restarts once)
* FB Alpha
Recommended Games (Star Force):
Night Star (DECO Cassette)
Alpha Mission / ASO
Alpha Mission II / ASO II
Astro Warrior (Mega-Tech)
Truxton / Tatsujin
Tatsujin (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
Truxton II / Tatsujin Oh
GunHed (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
The Next Space
Super Star Soldier (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
Strike Gunner S.T.G
Final Star Force
Viper Phase 1
Mars Matrix: Hyper Solid Shooting
Romset: 2016 kb / 8 files / 457.8 zip
Credits Mameinfo and Mametesters Project Robert J. Rabgno et al.
Hard Puncher - Ketsumamireru no Eikou (c) 1988 Konami.
An excellent boxing game from Konami.
- TECHNICAL -
Game ID : GX870
Main CPU : (2x) Motorola 68000 (@ 10 Mhz)
Sound CPU : Zilog Z80 (@ 3.579545 Mhz)
Sound Chips : Yamaha YM2151 (@ 3.57958 Mhz), Konami K007232 (@ 3.579545 Mhz), UPD7759 (@ 640 Khz)
Screen orientation : Horizontal
Video resolution : 320 x 224 pixels
Screen refresh : 60.00 Hz
Palette Colors : 1024
Players : 2
Control : 8-way joystick
Buttons : 3
- TRIVIA -
Hard Puncher was released in December 1988 in Japan.
The subtitle of this game translates from Japanese as 'Blood-smeared Glory'.
"The Final Round [Model GX870]".
There are plenty of references to "Contra" such as Rocky Smith and Joe Vulcan looking similar to Bill Rizer and Lance Bean : Contra's 2 main characters. not only that, but one of the CPU contenders named Red Falco is a reference to what else? Red Falcon, the extraterrestrial arch-enemy from Contra.
Another of the CPU contenders, Iron Drago is a spoof of Ivan Drago, the boxer from the 1985 film 'Rocky IV'.
Finally, Black Stallion, the final contender is a spoof of Mike Tyson.
King Records released a limited-edition soundtrack album for this game (Konami Game Music Collection Vol.0 - 276A-7708) on 21/07/1989.
- TIPS AND TRICKS -
All these tricks work in Japanese version only, Hard Puncher!
* Unlock A Secret World : Begin a normal game. Then, at the opening blue screen, press Left, Right, Up, Right, Down, Right, Left(x2). If done correctly, a bell will sound. Now your rivals will be much harder and even deal special punches they didn't originally have. Also, you'll be able to string 20-hit combos on some opponents. Beat this game mode and you'll be awarded $20,000,000 instead of 10 (note : This code appears briefly on screen after beating the game in Regular mode).
* Unlock A Powerful World : Begin a normal game. Then, at the opening blue screen, press Right, Up, Left(x2), Down, Up, Right, Down. If done correctly, a bell will sound. Now knockdowns will occur whenever a punch is landed (like sans power in Mortal Kombat). Beat this game mode and you'll be awarded $20,000,000 instead of 10 (Note : This code appears briefly on screen after beating the game in Secret World mode).
* Alien Ball In Power Training Session : Go to the Power Training Session and hit all 50 volleyballs. Then, an alien-like ball with veins and teeth will be thrown at your head. If you miss, it will bite your face, but if you hit it, you'll receive an additional 10% increment, for a grand total of a 30% power increment.
* Moai Mask : Sometimes the referee will be wearing a mask of Moai, the stone head from Parodius and Cue Brick. I haven't confirmed what triggers this particular trick, but I think it could have something to do with the timer. -Maybe winning at 2 :22, 1 :11, or something like that-
* Alternate Credits Roll : Beat the game in New or Powerful World mode. When the credits roll, the names will remain the same but the titles will be different. 'Making of this game' is replaced by 'Staff of Conjax Pro'. Also, keep an eye out for a cameo by Pentarou the penguin from Parodius during either credits roll.
* The Mob Never Forgives : When you win the game and get the park scene, look carefully in the background to spot two hit men armed with UZIs and gunning down a poor guy. The girl next to him tries to run. Is this subliminal violence??
- STAFF -
Total director : Hideyuki Tsujimoto (H. Tsujimoto)
Game programmer : G. Suzuki
Assistant programmer : Tadasu Kitae
Character designer : Kengo Nakamura
Graphic designers : K. Ishimoto, K. Hattori
Visual designer : A. Nonami
Sound designer : Shinji Tasaka
Music composer : Motoaki Furukawa
Electric architect : K. Hashima
Electronic architect : M. Hiraoka
Package designer : F. Shibuya
Manager : Koji Hiroshita
- CONTRIBUTE -
Edit this entry: http://www.arcade-history.com/?&page=detail&id=1089&o=2
Licensed from Alexis Bousiges under a CC Attribution 3.0 License
01000000 40143 00000030 FFFFFFFF Infinite Time [Intro]
01000000 4013E 00000009 FFFFFFFF Infinite Time [In Game]
01010000 4013F 00000059 FFFFFFFF Infinite Time [In Game] (2/2)
01000001 4013E 00000000 FFFFFFFF Finish Round Now!
01010001 4013F 00000000 FFFFFFFF Finish Round Now! (2/2)
01800000 422F0 00000001 FFFFFFFF Powerful Mode Always 1 hit 1 down in Powerful Mode
01800000 422F1 00000001 FFFFFFFF Hard Mode Stronger CPU character in Hard Mode
60000000 00000 00000000 00000000
01000000 42096 00000020 FFFFFFFF Infinite Energy PL1
01000001 42096 00000000 FFFFFFFF Drain All Energy Now! PL1
01000000 40044 00000000 00000010 Rapid Fire PL1
01010000 40044 00000000 00000020 Rapid Fire PL1 (2/2)
60000000 00000 00000000 00000000
01000000 42196 00000020 FFFFFFFF Infinite Energy PL2
01000001 42196 00000000 FFFFFFFF Drain All Energy Now! PL2
01000000 40046 00000000 00000010 Rapid Fire PL2
01010000 40046 00000000 00000020 Rapid Fire PL2 (2/2)
60000000 00000 00000000 00000000
01000020 43008 000000F0 FFFFFFFF Sound Test Timer Stop [PL1 Shot1]Next Code
Credit Pugsy's MAME Cheat file