• Computer & PC Games
• Console Games
• Arcade Games
• Pinball Machines
• Handheld Games
• Traditional Games
• PlayStation 2
• Game Boy Advance
• Nintendo 64
and more platforms...
You are a game expert?
You are interested in
sharing your knowledge?
Submit your data here:
• Top contributors
Units produced: Zenitone Microsec Ltd.
Controls/Input Device: Control(joy8way), Buttons(1)
Number of Players: 2
Acting Talent involved:
More Machine Details:
More System Details:
Game Awards Nominations:
Game Awards Won:
Invader's Revenge VGMuseum Game Endings
Invader's Revenge on CAESAR
Invader's Revenge high score and replay at MARP
Invader's Revenge on datObase
MAME folder name: invrvnge
Display: raster 260x224 @ 59.54Hz (59.54 pixclock)
Sound: 1 channels
Emulated in MAME via driver 8080bw.c:
Status: imperfect; Emulation: good
Graphic: good; Sound: imperfect; Color: good
Palette size: 0; Savestate: unsupported
invrvnge.e with 2048kb
invrvnge.f with 2048kb
invrvnge.g with 2048kb
invrvnge.h with 2048kb
- 0.147u2: hap fixed clone Omega Fighter Special. The game fails to boot or finish post. After showing bad rom errors, the game resets.
- 0.147u1: Fixed maincpu rom loading.
- 0.122u7: Fixed gfx1/2/3/4/5 rom loading.
- 0.89u3: Changed Z80 CPU2 clock speed to 5MHz.
- 0.37b10: Yochizo added 'Omega Fighter' (UPL 1989) and clone Omega Fighter Special.
- 21st November 2000: Yochizo fixed some graphics bugs in the Omega Fighter / Atomic Robo-kid driver.
- 8th November 2000: Yochizo sent in a driver for Omega Fighter and Atomic Robo-kid.
- 25th April 1999: Dumped Omega Fighter Special.
LEVELS: 8 (restarts once)
* FB Alpha
Recommended Games (Star Force):
Night Star (DECO Cassette)
Alpha Mission / ASO
Alpha Mission II / ASO II
Astro Warrior (Mega-Tech)
Truxton / Tatsujin
Tatsujin (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
Truxton II / Tatsujin Oh
GunHed (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
The Next Space
Super Star Soldier (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
Strike Gunner S.T.G
Final Star Force
Viper Phase 1
Mars Matrix: Hyper Solid Shooting
Romset: 2016 kb / 8 files / 457.8 zip
Credits Mameinfo and Mametesters Project Robert J. Rabgno et al.
Invader's Revenge (c) 1979 Zenitone Microsec.
Invader's Revenge is a simple two-dimensional shooter. You control your fighter to defend your supply against an endless stream of alien invaders. Once you clear out one wave of 6 invaders, another wave comes in to take your fuel. After seven waves of alien invaders, you will then be given the chance to dock with your base to refuel. Of course, you have to navigate the hazards to get to your base. Your objective is simple, prevent the aliens from taking or destroying your fuel supply.
- TECHNICAL -
Main CPU : Intel 8080 (@ 1.9968 Mhz)
Sound Chips : SN76477 (@ 1.9968 Mhz), discrete circuitry
Screen orientation : Vertical
Video resolution : 224 x 260 pixels
Screen refresh : 59.54 Hz
Palette colors : 2 (overlays)
Players : 2
Buttons : 3 (LEFT, RIGHT, FIRE)
- TRIVIA -
Invader's Revenge was one of a long string of "Space Invaders" clones to hit the market after the runaway success of Space Invaders in 1978. This game was developed by a company within the United Kingdom. Zenitone Microsec also went on to develop other Space Invader clones such as "Super Invaders" and "Space Attack II". All these games were distributed in Europe, Invader's Revenge was distributed in Germany by Dutchford.
- TIPS AND TRICKS -
* When you start the game, your fighter will be in the middle, at the bottom of the screen above the fuel storage area with 26 units of fuel. Your goal is to blast the invaders into dust. Each wave of invaders consists of six alien ships. You will go through seven waves of invaders before you have a chance to dock. The order of the invaders is (by their point value) : 10, 20, 30, 50, 20, 30, and 50.
* The alien invaders will attempt to make you lose your fuel one of two ways :
a) By getting to the bottom of the screen and actually picking up the fuel to bring back to the UFO. You can shoot these aliens down to recover a fuel unit.
b) The aliens will drop bombs upon your fuel supply to cause you to lose a unit. These bombs can be shot down.
* Just like the original game, when the invaders get to the left or right side of the screen, they will drop down a level. In addition to dropping down, an invader may peel away from the formation and head down to attempt to take one of your fuel units.
* Learn the different formations the invaders show. Some of the formations are :
a) In a straight line across.
b) In two straight lines across.
c) In a staggered formation that resembles a '>' or '<'.
d) One invader on each row for six rows.
* When shot, some invaders don't explode. Instead, you literally will shoot them down. After they are shot, the invader will head straight toward your fighter. Make sure you quickly move from under an invader after you have shot it to prevent this from happening.
* As in "Space Invaders", shoot the right or leftmost invader to prevent them from dropping another level down. In addition, the fewer invaders there are, the faster they travel across the screen. Make sure you adjust for this.
* Your primary objective is to prevent the invaders from stealing or destroying your fuel supply. If you lose all of your fuel, your game will be over regardless of the number of fighters you have left.
* Docking can be quite a chore. You must navigate around some space debris in order to get to your base to refuel. Watch your fuel supply because you can burn it up very quickly if you're not careful.
* As the game progresses, the invaders get more aggressive and will send down two or even three of their numbers to attempt to steal your fuel. In addition, the UFO at the top of the screen moves back and forth to drop bombs on you.
* Learn to conserve your firepower and only shoot at sure targets. The reason is the fact you can only have one shot on the screen at any time.
* Since there is no cover, make sure you are moving around constantly. If you don't move your fighter around, you are just inviting trouble to happen.
- CONTRIBUTE -
Edit this entry: http://www.arcade-history.com/?&page=detail&id=1194&o=2
Licensed from Alexis Bousiges under a CC Attribution 3.0 License
00000000 2083 00000006 FFFFFFFF Infinite Lives PL1
00000000 2085 00000040 FFFFFFFF Infinite Energy PL1
00000000 20C3 00000006 FFFFFFFF Infinite Lives PL2
00000000 20C5 00000040 FFFFFFFF Infinite Energy PL2
Credit Pugsy's MAME Cheat file