• Computer & PC Games
• Console Games
• Arcade Games
• Pinball Machines
• Handheld Games
• Traditional Games
• PlayStation 2
• Game Boy Advance
• Nintendo 64
and more platforms...
You are a game expert?
You are interested in
sharing your knowledge?
Submit your data here:
• Top contributors
Units produced: Taito Corporation
Controls/Input Device: Control(joy8way), Buttons(2)
Number of Players: 2
Acting Talent involved:
More Machine Details:
More System Details:
Game Awards Nominations:
Game Awards Won:
The Legend of Kage VGMuseum Game Endings
The Legend of Kage on CAESAR
The Legend of Kage high score and replay at MARP
The Legend of Kage on datObase
MAME folder name: lkage
Display: raster 240x224 @ 60.00Hz (60.00 pixclock)
Sound: 1 channels
Emulated in MAME via driver lkage.c:
Status: good; Emulation: good
Graphic: good; Sound: good; Color: good
Palette size: 1024; Savestate: unsupported
a54-01-2.37 with 32768kb
a54-02-2.38 with 32768kb
a54-03.51 with 16384kb
a54-04.54 with 32768kb
a54-05-1.84 with 16384kb
a54-06-1.85 with 16384kb
a54-07-1.86 with 16384kb
a54-08-1.87 with 16384kb
a54-09.53 with 2048kb
a54-10.2 with 512kb
pal16l8-a54-11.34 with 260kb
pal16l8-a54-12.76 with 260kb
pal16l8a-a54-13.27 with 260kb
pal16l8a-a54-14.35 with 260kb
- 0.147u2: hap fixed clone Omega Fighter Special. The game fails to boot or finish post. After showing bad rom errors, the game resets.
- 0.147u1: Fixed maincpu rom loading.
- 0.122u7: Fixed gfx1/2/3/4/5 rom loading.
- 0.89u3: Changed Z80 CPU2 clock speed to 5MHz.
- 0.37b10: Yochizo added 'Omega Fighter' (UPL 1989) and clone Omega Fighter Special.
- 21st November 2000: Yochizo fixed some graphics bugs in the Omega Fighter / Atomic Robo-kid driver.
- 8th November 2000: Yochizo sent in a driver for Omega Fighter and Atomic Robo-kid.
- 25th April 1999: Dumped Omega Fighter Special.
LEVELS: 8 (restarts once)
* FB Alpha
Recommended Games (Star Force):
Night Star (DECO Cassette)
Alpha Mission / ASO
Alpha Mission II / ASO II
Astro Warrior (Mega-Tech)
Truxton / Tatsujin
Tatsujin (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
Truxton II / Tatsujin Oh
GunHed (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
The Next Space
Super Star Soldier (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
Strike Gunner S.T.G
Final Star Force
Viper Phase 1
Mars Matrix: Hyper Solid Shooting
Romset: 2016 kb / 8 files / 457.8 zip
Credits Mameinfo and Mametesters Project Robert J. Rabgno et al.
The Legend of Kage (c) 1984 Taito Corp.
As a Ninja, defeat the evils from Devil's World and save the Princess.
At the end of the Edo Period (late 19th century) in Japan, a Corps formed by the evils, which had come back to life from the Devil's World, was terrifying people all over the country. One day the princess 'Kiri', a daughter of the lord, was kidnapped by the Corps. In order to save her from them, a number of militia were sent to the Corps' Headquarters, but none of them ever returned. Then one young man headed for the Corps' Headquarters to save the princess. His name 'Kage', a ninja from Iga Village.
- TECHNICAL -
Board Number : M4300040A
Prom Stickers : A54
Main CPU : Zilog Z80 (@ 6 Mhz), Motorola M68705 (@ 2 Mhz)
Sound CPU : Zilog Z80 (@ 6 Mhz)
Sound Chips : (2x) Yamaha YM2203 (@ 4 Mhz)
Players : 2
Control : 8-way joystick
Buttons : 2
- TRIVIA -
Even if title screen says MCMLXXXIV (1984), The Legend of Kage was released in October 1985 in Japan.
- UPDATES -
Bug? feature?: Under attract mode only from the bootleg versions can be played for several seconds until the ninja dies.
- TIPS AND TRICKS -
- Use the joystick to move, jump and duck.
- Use the buttons to attack with your sword and to throw shuriken.
- Kage must fight through five stages in order to rescue the princess:
(1) Forest : Kage must avoid the attacks of the shinobi (enemy ninja) and Yobo monks. Defeat the red Yobo that appears after defeating three normal Yobos to complete the stage.
(2) Cave : Kage must kill a certain number of shinobi.
(3) Castle Wall : Move Kage in the direction of the arrows to climb the castle wall while dodging the attacks of shinobi.
(4) Mansion : Rescue the princess on the top floor by cutting the rope.
(5) Forest Stage 2 : Defeat Yuikasa Yoshiro (the evil warlord) and his right-hand man, Yukinosuke, who chase Kage and the princess.
- Kage is constantly under attack by enemies, so you must be alert at all times. Avoid the enemy swords and spikes by jumping up, ducking down or blocking them with your sword.
- Yobo attacks Kage with his iron club and flames. When being attacked with the flame, it is better to stay low and approach Yobo from underneath.
- SERIES -
1. The Legend of Kage (1984)
2. Kage Densetsu - The Legend of Kage 2 (2008, Nintendo Ds)
- STAFF -
Music by : Hisayoshi Ogura
- PORTS -
* Consoles :
Nintendo Famicom [JP] (April 18, 1986) "Kage no Densetsu [Model TFC-KD]"
Nintendo NES [US] (August 1987) "The Legend of Kage [Model NES-KA]"
Sony PlayStation 2 [JP] (August 25, 2005) "Taito Memories Gekan [Model SLPM-66092]"
Sony PlayStation 2 [AU] (March 30, 2006) "Taito Legends 2 [Model SLES-53852]"
Microsoft XBOX [EU] (March 31, 2006) "Taito Legends 2"
Sony PlayStation 2 [EU] (March 31, 2006) "Taito Legends 2 [Model SLES-53852]"
Sony PlayStation 2 [US] (May 16, 2007) "Taito Legends 2 [Model SLUS-21349]"
* Handhelds :
Sony PSP [AS] (January 3, 2006) "Taito Memories Pocket [Model UCAS-40040]"
Sony PSP [JP] (January 5, 2006) "Taito Memories Pocket [Model ULJM-05076]"
Sony PSP [KO] (February 10, 2006) "Taito Memories Pocket"
Sony PSP [EU] (October 6, 2006) "Taito Legends Power-Up [Model ULES-00473]"
Sony PSP [AU] (November 9, 2006) "Taito Legends Power-Up [Model ULES-00473]"
Sony PSP [US] (May 17, 2007) "Taito Legends Power-Up [Model ULUS-10208]"
* Computers :
Sinclair ZX Spectrum [US] (1986)
Commodore C64 [EU] [US] (1987)
Amstrad CPC [EU] (1986)
MSX [JP] (1986) "Kage no Densetsu [Model MSX-9]"
Amstrad CPC [US] (1988) "Taito Coin-Op Hits"
PC [MS Windows, CD-ROM] [EU] (March 31, 2006) "Taito Legends 2"
PC [MS Windows, CD-ROM] [US] (July 10, 2007) "Taito Legends 2"
- CONTRIBUTE -
Edit this entry: http://www.arcade-history.com/?&page=detail&id=1369&o=2
Licensed from Alexis Bousiges under a CC Attribution 3.0 License
00000000 E44E 00000000 FFFFFFFF Invincibility See the Dip Switch Menu to enable an alternate Invincibility cheat.
00000000 E225 000000FF FFFFFFFF Infinite Lives PL1
00000000 E22C 000000FF FFFFFFFF Infinite Lives PL2
Credit Pugsy's MAME Cheat file