• Computer & PC Games
• Console Games
• Arcade Games
• Pinball Machines
• Handheld Games
• Traditional Games
• PlayStation 2
• Game Boy Advance
• Nintendo 64
and more platforms...
You are a game expert?
You are interested in
sharing your knowledge?
Submit your data here:
• Top contributors
Units produced: Atari Games
Controls/Input Device: Control(lightgun), Buttons(1)
Number of Players: 2
Acting Talent involved:
More Machine Details:
More System Details:
Game Awards Nominations:
Game Awards Won:
Maximum Force v1.05 VGMuseum Game Endings
Maximum Force v1.05 on CAESAR
Maximum Force v1.05 high score and replay at MARP
Maximum Force v1.05 on datObase
MAME folder name: maxforce
Display: raster 360x240 @ 59.92Hz (59.92 pixclock)
Sound: 2 channels
Emulated in MAME via driver cojag.c:
Status: good; Emulation: good
Graphic: good; Sound: good; Color: good
Palette size: 0; Savestate: unsupported
maxf_105.hh with 524288kb
maxf_105.hl with 524288kb
maxf_105.lh with 524288kb
maxf_105.ll with 524288kb
- 0.147u2: hap fixed clone Omega Fighter Special. The game fails to boot or finish post. After showing bad rom errors, the game resets.
- 0.147u1: Fixed maincpu rom loading.
- 0.122u7: Fixed gfx1/2/3/4/5 rom loading.
- 0.89u3: Changed Z80 CPU2 clock speed to 5MHz.
- 0.37b10: Yochizo added 'Omega Fighter' (UPL 1989) and clone Omega Fighter Special.
- 21st November 2000: Yochizo fixed some graphics bugs in the Omega Fighter / Atomic Robo-kid driver.
- 8th November 2000: Yochizo sent in a driver for Omega Fighter and Atomic Robo-kid.
- 25th April 1999: Dumped Omega Fighter Special.
LEVELS: 8 (restarts once)
* FB Alpha
Recommended Games (Star Force):
Night Star (DECO Cassette)
Alpha Mission / ASO
Alpha Mission II / ASO II
Astro Warrior (Mega-Tech)
Truxton / Tatsujin
Tatsujin (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
Truxton II / Tatsujin Oh
GunHed (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
The Next Space
Super Star Soldier (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
Strike Gunner S.T.G
Final Star Force
Viper Phase 1
Mars Matrix: Hyper Solid Shooting
Romset: 2016 kb / 8 files / 457.8 zip
Credits Mameinfo and Mametesters Project Robert J. Rabgno et al.
Maximum Force (c) 1997 Atari Games Corp.
- TECHNICAL -
Atari Cojag hardware
Main CPU : R3000 (@ 33 Mhz), Jaguar (@ 26 Mhz)
Sound CPU : Jaguar (@ 26 Mhz)
Sound Chips : (2x) DAC
Players : 2
Control : lightgun
Buttons : 1
- TRIVIA -
Maximum Force was released in February 1997.
This game was the second developed by Mesa Logic for Atari Games and has often been described as an unofficial sequel to "Area 51" (the real sequel being "Area 51 Site 4").
The game shares many similarities with "Area 51" (secret rooms, hard drive etc.) but uses a more sophisticated sprite overlay system, which allowed the interactive element to have the same number of colours as the video. Maximum Force uses a 16Bit stream for the main video (instead of 15bit for "Area 51"). There's about 50 minutes of video on the 2 GB hard drive. However, despite the more realistic sprites, innocents still do not disappear when shot and actual gore content is far less than that of, say, Mortal Kombat - Maximum Force was a product of the era where games such as Doom were still being blamed for violent shootings in America and Atari Games wanted to maintain their 'good guy' image.
Robert Johnson holds the official record for this game with 707,700 points.
- UPDATES -
REVISION 1 :
* Software version : 2.07CJ.
* Build date : GUIS : Feb 27 1997 14 :33 :27 / MAIN : Feb 27 1997 14 :36 :15
REVISION 2 :
* Software version : 2.07CJ.
* Build date : GUIS : May 21 1997 17 :00 :51 / MAIN : May 22 1997 23 :12 :50
- TIPS AND TRICKS -
* Duck Hunt : To play the duck hunt bonus game, shoot the posters that hang from columns in the second mission.
* Chicken Hunt : To play the chicken hunt bonus game, shoot all of the buttons in the elevator on the second mission.
* The Horse Race : Shoot out all of the 'art' paintings in mission 2 and you will get into the horse race.
- STAFF -
Senior Producer : Rob Rowe
Sr. Engineering Tech. : Patrick Hubbell
- PORTS -
* Consoles :
Sony PlayStation (1997)
Sega Saturn (1997)
- CONTRIBUTE -
Edit this entry: http://www.arcade-history.com/?&page=detail&id=1584&o=2
Licensed from Alexis Bousiges under a CC Attribution 3.0 License
00000000 1000AAE3 00000005 FFFFFFFF Infinite Lives PL1
00000000 1000AB37 0000000E FFFFFFFF Infinite Ammo PL1
00000000 1000AB6F 00000005 FFFFFFFF Infinite Lives PL2
00000000 1000ABC3 0000000E FFFFFFFF Infinite Ammo PL2
Credit Pugsy's MAME Cheat file