• Computer & PC Games
• Console Games
• Arcade Games
• Pinball Machines
• Handheld Games
• Traditional Games
• PlayStation 2
• Game Boy Advance
• Nintendo 64
and more platforms...
You are a game expert?
You are interested in
sharing your knowledge?
Submit your data here:
• Top contributors
Units produced: Sigma Enterprises Inc.
Controls/Input Device: Control(joy8way), Buttons(1)
Number of Players: 2
Acting Talent involved:
More Machine Details:
More System Details:
Game Awards Nominations:
Game Awards Won:
New York New York VGMuseum Game Endings
New York New York on CAESAR
New York New York high score and replay at MARP
New York New York on datObase
MAME folder name: nyny
Display: raster 256x256 @ 85.45Hz (85.45 pixclock)
Sound: 1 channels
Emulated in MAME via driver nyny.c:
Status: imperfect; Emulation: good
Graphic: good; Sound: imperfect; Color: good
Palette size: 0; Savestate: supported
nyny01s.100 with 2048kb
nyny02s.099 with 2048kb
nyny03s.098 with 2048kb
nyny04s.097 with 2048kb
nyny05s.096 with 2048kb
nyny06s.095 with 2048kb
nyny07s.094 with 2048kb
nyny08.093 with 2048kb
nyny09.092 with 2048kb
nyny10.091 with 2048kb
nyny11.snd with 2048kb
- 0.147u2: hap fixed clone Omega Fighter Special. The game fails to boot or finish post. After showing bad rom errors, the game resets.
- 0.147u1: Fixed maincpu rom loading.
- 0.122u7: Fixed gfx1/2/3/4/5 rom loading.
- 0.89u3: Changed Z80 CPU2 clock speed to 5MHz.
- 0.37b10: Yochizo added 'Omega Fighter' (UPL 1989) and clone Omega Fighter Special.
- 21st November 2000: Yochizo fixed some graphics bugs in the Omega Fighter / Atomic Robo-kid driver.
- 8th November 2000: Yochizo sent in a driver for Omega Fighter and Atomic Robo-kid.
- 25th April 1999: Dumped Omega Fighter Special.
LEVELS: 8 (restarts once)
* FB Alpha
Recommended Games (Star Force):
Night Star (DECO Cassette)
Alpha Mission / ASO
Alpha Mission II / ASO II
Astro Warrior (Mega-Tech)
Truxton / Tatsujin
Tatsujin (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
Truxton II / Tatsujin Oh
GunHed (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
The Next Space
Super Star Soldier (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
Strike Gunner S.T.G
Final Star Force
Viper Phase 1
Mars Matrix: Hyper Solid Shooting
Romset: 2016 kb / 8 files / 457.8 zip
Credits Mameinfo and Mametesters Project Robert J. Rabgno et al.
New York New York (c) 1980 Sigma Enterprises.
- TECHNICAL -
Main CPU : Motorola M6809 (@ 1.4 Mhz), (2x) M6802 (@ 1 Mhz)
Sound Chips : (3x) General Instrument AY8910 (@ 1 Mhz), (2x) DAC
Screen orientation : Vertical
Video resolution : 248 x 256 pixels
Screen refresh : 50.00 Hz
Palette colors : 8
Players : 2
Control : 2-way joystick
Buttons : 1
- TRIVIA -
Released in December 1980.
Licensed to Gottlieb for US manufacture and distribution (January 1981).
This game is known in Japan as "Waga Seishun no Arcadia".
- UPDATES -
Differences between 'NY, NY' and 'Arcadia' :
* In the background of 'NY, NY' is the Statue of Liberty, surrounded by blue buildings.
* In 'Arcadia', the Statue has been replaced by Captain Harlock (who is still the same color as the Statue of Liberty for some reason) and there is a blue nebula instead of blue buildings. Also, the words 'New York' have been replaced by 'Arcadia' in the demo.
* Besides the picture of Harlock in the background, nothing else in the 'Arcadia' game really has any relationship with the movie at all.
* 'NY, NY' came first and was then slightly modified to cash in on the 'Arcadia' movie. There are also no additional copyright notices, as there would normally be in a game based on a movie (So perhaps it wasn't even officially licensed).
* Another odd thing is that in Arcadia it really doesn't make a lot of sense to have a giant cyan Capt. Harlock floating around in space in the background.
* Whereas in NY, NY it actually makes sense for the Statue of Liberty to be in the background.
- CONTRIBUTE -
Edit this entry: http://www.arcade-history.com/?&page=detail&id=1759&o=2
Licensed from Alexis Bousiges under a CC Attribution 3.0 License
20800000 E16E 00000020 FFFFFFFF Invincibility
00000000 0036 00000001 FFFFFFFF Fast Fire Mode
00000000 034D 00000002 FFFFFFFF Infinite Lives PL1
00000000 0356 00000002 FFFFFFFF Infinite Lives PL2
Credit Pugsy's MAME Cheat file