• Computer & PC Games
• Console Games
• Arcade Games
• Pinball Machines
• Handheld Games
• Traditional Games
• PlayStation 2
• Game Boy Advance
• Nintendo 64
and more platforms...
You are a game expert?
You are interested in
sharing your knowledge?
Submit your data here:
• Top contributors
Units produced: Jaleco
Controls/Input Device: Control(joy8way), Buttons(2)
Number of Players: 2
Acting Talent involved:
More Machine Details:
More System Details:
Game Awards Nominations:
Game Awards Won:
P-47 - The Phantom Fighter (World) VGMuseum Game Endings
P-47 - The Phantom Fighter (World) on CAESAR
P-47 - The Phantom Fighter (World) high score and replay at MARP
P-47 - The Phantom Fighter (World) on datObase
MAME folder name: p47
Display: raster 256x224 @ 60.00Hz (60.00 pixclock)
Sound: 2 channels
Emulated in MAME via driver megasys1.c:
Status: good; Emulation: good
Graphic: good; Sound: good; Color: good
Palette size: 1024; Savestate: unsupported
p-47.14m with 512kb
p47j_10.bin with 131072kb
p47j_11.bin with 131072kb
p47j_12.bin with 131072kb
p47j_18.bin with 131072kb
p47j_19.bin with 65536kb
p47j_20.bin with 131072kb
p47j_21.bin with 131072kb
p47j_23.bin with 131072kb
p47j_26.bin with 131072kb
p47j_27.bin with 131072kb
p47j_5.bin with 131072kb
p47j_6.bin with 131072kb
p47j_7.bin with 131072kb
p47j_9.bin with 65536kb
p47us1.bin with 131072kb
p47us16.bin with 65536kb
p47us3.bin with 131072kb
- 0.147u2: hap fixed clone Omega Fighter Special. The game fails to boot or finish post. After showing bad rom errors, the game resets.
- 0.147u1: Fixed maincpu rom loading.
- 0.122u7: Fixed gfx1/2/3/4/5 rom loading.
- 0.89u3: Changed Z80 CPU2 clock speed to 5MHz.
- 0.37b10: Yochizo added 'Omega Fighter' (UPL 1989) and clone Omega Fighter Special.
- 21st November 2000: Yochizo fixed some graphics bugs in the Omega Fighter / Atomic Robo-kid driver.
- 8th November 2000: Yochizo sent in a driver for Omega Fighter and Atomic Robo-kid.
- 25th April 1999: Dumped Omega Fighter Special.
LEVELS: 8 (restarts once)
* FB Alpha
Recommended Games (Star Force):
Night Star (DECO Cassette)
Alpha Mission / ASO
Alpha Mission II / ASO II
Astro Warrior (Mega-Tech)
Truxton / Tatsujin
Tatsujin (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
Truxton II / Tatsujin Oh
GunHed (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
The Next Space
Super Star Soldier (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
Strike Gunner S.T.G
Final Star Force
Viper Phase 1
Mars Matrix: Hyper Solid Shooting
Romset: 2016 kb / 8 files / 457.8 zip
Credits Mameinfo and Mametesters Project Robert J. Rabgno et al.
P-47 - The Phantom Fighter (c) 1988 Jaleco.
P-47 is a two-dimensional, scrolling shooter type of game. You play as the pilot of a P-47. Your mission is to basically destroy as many of the enemies as you possibly can. This means eliminating as many air and ground units as you can. You will be going through four missions (each being broken up into two parts) and at the end of each of these parts is an enemy boss for you to tangle with. Although you have unlimited ammunition, the enemy will make you pay for the invasion into their homeland. You will be able to accomplish this with various power-ups and also a second player (if they buy in). Your mission won't be easy but it is necessary so you can secure both the skies and ground for our troops.
The game is broken up into four missions. Within these four missions, there are 2 parts. One part involves going over land and the other part has you either going over water or being up in the air. Regardless of which part you are on, you will still have to deal with the same basic things. After part two of mission four, the missions will repeat again with mission one.
- TECHNICAL -
Jaleco Mega System 1-A hardware
Main CPU : Motorola 68000 (@ 12 Mhz)
Sound CPU : Motorola 68000 (@ 7 Mhz)
Sound Chips : Yamaha YM2151 (@ 3.5 Mhz), (2x) OKI6295 (@ 30.303 Khz)
Screen orientation : Horizontal
Video resolution : 256 x 224 pixels
Screen refresh : 60.00 Hz
Palette colors : 1024
Players : 2
Control : 8-way joystick
Buttons : 2
- TRIVIA -
Released in May 1988.
Developed by Nihon Maicom Kaihatsu (NMK).
This game is known in Japan as "P-47 - The Freedom Fighter".
Pony Canyon / Scitron released a limited-edition soundtrack album for this game (G.S.M. Jaleco 1 - D28B0003) on 12/08/1988.
- SCORING -
Scoring in this game is complicated. There are a lot of enemy units for you to take out. In addition, some units have multiple parts which also score points. You also get points for collecting items and making it through a mission. The enemy units are broken up into air, ground and boss.
ENEMY AIR UNIT
BOMBER, LARGE (FACES RIGHT) : 3,000
BOMBER, LARGE (TAN) : 3,000
BOMBER, MEDIUM (FACES RIGHT) : 2,000
BOMBER, MEDIUM (FACES LEFT) : 1,500
FIGHTER/BOMBER, SMALL (FACES LEFT) : 1,000
FIGHTER/BOMBER, LARGE (FACES RIGHT) : 5,000
HELICOPTER, MEDIUM : 300
HELICOPTER, POWER-UP : 500
PLANE, JET : 200
PLANE, JET (TAN) : 300
PLANE, PROPELLER : 100
PLANE, PROPELLER (TAN) : 200
PLANE, ROCKET : 500
ROCKET, V1 : 100
ROCKET, TWO-FIN : 100
ENEMY GROUND UNITS
MOTORCYCLE : 2,000
RAIL GUN, LARGE (GUN ONLY) : 1,000
RAIL GUN, LARGE (TURRET) : 3,000
RAIL GUN, SMALL : 1,000
SELF-PROPELLED HOWITZER : 3,000
TANK, LARGE : 600
TANK, MEDIUM : 400
TANK, VERY LARGE : 5,000
TURRET, GROUND : 100
TURRET, TRAIN : 400
TRUCK, ANTI-AIRCRAFT : 200
TRUCK, DEDICATED ANTI-AIRCRAFT : 400
TRUCK, HALFTRACK : 300
TRUCK, QUAD ANTI-AIRCRAFT : 500
TRUCK, RADAR : 2,000
BATTLESHIP, MAIN GUN : 5,000
BATTLESHIP, SECONARY BATTERY : 2,000
BATTLESHIP, TERTIARY BATTERY : 1,000
BATTLESHIP, ANTI-AIRCRAFT BATTERY : 500
BOMBER, VERY LARGE : 20,000
BOMBER, HUGE : 40,000
RAIL GUN, LARGE : 10,000
TANK, HUGE (GREEN) : 20,000
TANK, HUGE (SILVER) : 50,000
In addition to the above scoring, you also get points for the number of item power-ups you collect and for finishing each part of a mission. The scores for collection of item power-ups are :
1 ITEM : 1,000 POINTS
2 ITEMS : 2,000 POINTS
3 ITEMS : 3,000 POINTS
4 ITEMS : 4,000 POINTS
5 ITEMS : 5,000 POINTS
6 ITEMS : 10,000 POINTS
7 ITEMS : 20,000 POINTS
8-10 ITEMS : 30,000 POINTS
You will also score 10,000 points for completing a mission part.
- TIPS AND TRICKS -
As soon as you start the game, you will immediately be placed into the thick of the action. Be ready for anything.
* This game is very fast-paced and it only gets harder as you progress through the missions. This means you will have to be constantly aware of what is happening from both in the air and on the ground.
* Your fighter has unlimited firepower in both bullets and also auxiliary weapons such as bombs and missiles. Use this to your advantage by laying down a solid wall of firepower to prevent any enemy units from getting close to your fighter.
* Make sure, though, that you are constantly aware of where an enemy unit is because you will also have to gauge where its fire will be heading. In addition, most enemy units move so they basically will 'shoot and scoot' making it harder for you to pinpoint their location.
* To take care of units that like to roam around, lay down a 'carpet' of bombs or other heavy firepower. Your bombs drop down much faster than an enemy unit can move so you can basically overwhelm them with superior firepower.
* Some enemies require more then one hit to take them out. This means you will have to use a combination of different offensive weapons to destroy them. This will be especially true when you are fighting the bosses.
* Make sure you know the lay of the land at all times. Some topography has some extremes in both hills and valleys. Sometimes your only choice is to go above a mountain peak that has a lot of ground and air units guarding it. This means you will have to unleash some serious firepower to make it safely over.
* Ensure that you know how to regulate your speed depending on the current conditions. You can go no further to the front than the right side of the screen nor any further back than the left. Use this speed-up, slow-down to avoid enemy fire and to eliminate targets before they become unmanageable.
* Make sure you eliminate all helicopters that have items so you can ensure you have the right kind of power-up plus you can also get free men.
* When you encounter large formations of planes, the best weapons are the missiles or exploding bombs. These can clear out large holes in those formations plus they can prove rather deadly to the bigger planes as well.
* Overall, this game involves the application of massive amounts of firepower in order to survive the next mission. This isn't to say, however, that paying attention and constantly moving aren't also important... they are vital to your survival.
- SERIES -
1. P-47 - The Phantom Fighter (1988)
2. P-47 Aces (1995)
- STAFF -
Sound composer : Shizuyoshi Okamura
- PORTS -
* Computers :
Sinclair ZX Spectrum (1989)
Commodore C64 (1989)
Commodore Amiga (1989)
Amstrad CPC (1989)
Atari ST (1989)
- CONTRIBUTE -
Edit this entry: http://www.arcade-history.com/?&page=detail&id=1908&o=2
Licensed from Alexis Bousiges under a CC Attribution 3.0 License
00000000 F0847 00000003 FFFFFFFF Infinite Lives PL1
00000000 F080B 000000A0 FFFFFFFF Invincibility PL1 See the Dip Switch Menu to enable an alternate Invincibility cheat.
62000000 00000 00000000 00000000 Select Extra Weapon PL1
00010000 F084D 00000000 FFFFFFFF None
00010000 F084D 00000001 FFFFFFFF M
00010000 F084D 00000002 FFFFFFFF E
00010000 F084D 00000003 FFFFFFFF T
00010000 F084D 00000004 FFFFFFFF B
60000000 00000 00000000 00000000
00000000 F0C39 00000003 FFFFFFFF Infinite Lives PL2
00000000 F0C03 000000A0 FFFFFFFF Invincibility PL2 See the Dip Switch Menu to enable an alternate Invincibility cheat.
62000000 00000 00000000 00000000 Select Extra Weapon PL2
00010000 F0C3F 00000000 FFFFFFFF None
00010000 F0C3F 00000001 FFFFFFFF M
00010000 F0C3F 00000002 FFFFFFFF E
00010000 F0C3F 00000003 FFFFFFFF T
00010000 F0C3F 00000004 FFFFFFFF B
Credit Pugsy's MAME Cheat file