• Computer & PC Games
• Console Games
• Arcade Games
• Pinball Machines
• Handheld Games
• Traditional Games
• PlayStation 2
• Game Boy Advance
• Nintendo 64
and more platforms...
You are a game expert?
You are interested in
sharing your knowledge?
Submit your data here:
• Top contributors
Units produced: bootleg
Controls/Input Device: Control(joy4way), Buttons(1)
Number of Players: 2
Acting Talent involved:
More Machine Details:
More System Details:
Game Awards Nominations:
Game Awards Won:
Penta VGMuseum Game Endings
Penta on CAESAR
Penta high score and replay at MARP
Penta on datObase
MAME folder name: penta
Display: raster 288x224 @ 60.61Hz (60.61 pixclock)
Sound: 1 channels
Emulated in MAME via driver pengo.c:
Status: good; Emulation: good
Graphic: good; Sound: good; Color: good
Palette size: 512; Savestate: supported
007_pn05.bin with 4096kb
008_pn01.bin with 4096kb
014_pn06.bin with 4096kb
015_pn02.bin with 4096kb
020_pn07.bin with 4096kb
021_pn03.bin with 4096kb
031_pn08.bin with 4096kb
032_pn04.bin with 4096kb
092_pn09.bin with 8192kb
ep1695.105 with 8192kb
pr1633.78 with 32kb
pr1634.88 with 1024kb
pr1635.51 with 256kb
pr1636.70 with 256kb
- 0.147u2: hap fixed clone Omega Fighter Special. The game fails to boot or finish post. After showing bad rom errors, the game resets.
- 0.147u1: Fixed maincpu rom loading.
- 0.122u7: Fixed gfx1/2/3/4/5 rom loading.
- 0.89u3: Changed Z80 CPU2 clock speed to 5MHz.
- 0.37b10: Yochizo added 'Omega Fighter' (UPL 1989) and clone Omega Fighter Special.
- 21st November 2000: Yochizo fixed some graphics bugs in the Omega Fighter / Atomic Robo-kid driver.
- 8th November 2000: Yochizo sent in a driver for Omega Fighter and Atomic Robo-kid.
- 25th April 1999: Dumped Omega Fighter Special.
LEVELS: 8 (restarts once)
* FB Alpha
Recommended Games (Star Force):
Night Star (DECO Cassette)
Alpha Mission / ASO
Alpha Mission II / ASO II
Astro Warrior (Mega-Tech)
Truxton / Tatsujin
Tatsujin (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
Truxton II / Tatsujin Oh
GunHed (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
The Next Space
Super Star Soldier (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
Strike Gunner S.T.G
Final Star Force
Viper Phase 1
Mars Matrix: Hyper Solid Shooting
Romset: 2016 kb / 8 files / 457.8 zip
Credits Mameinfo and Mametesters Project Robert J. Rabgno et al.
Penta (c) 1982 Unknown [Italy].
Penta the Penguin is the eponymous star of Penta the video game. The basic layout of Penta is akin to that of Namco's legendary 'Pac-Man'; featuring, as it does, a top down, single screen, maze-like arrangement. Penta's enemies, the Sno-Bees, are also similar to Blinky, Inky, Clyde etc. - the ghosts that pursued Pac-man; not least because Sno-bees also come in four different varieties, each represented by a different colour.
One aspect that distinguishes Penta from the Namco classic is that the Maze itself is a wholly interactive environment. Each section of wall is represented as a block of ice, which can be pushed onto the Sno-bees to destroy them. The Sno-bees themselves will destroy the ice blocks as they move around each level, so speed is of the essence. Some of the blocks are 'Diamond blocks' which cannot be destroyed, and can be re-used by Penta.
The outer wall of each level can also be utilised; if the player pushes against the wall when a Sno-bee is next to it, The Sno-bee will be temporarily stunned; allowing Penta to move in for the kill.
- TECHNICAL -
Main CPU : Zilog Z80 (@ 3.02 Mhz)
Sound Chips : Namco 3-channel WSG (@ 96 Khz)
Screen orientation : Vertical
Video resolution : 224 x 288 pixels
Screen refresh : 60.61 Hz
Palette Colors : 32
Players : 2
Control : 4-way joystick
Buttons : 1
- TRIVIA -
This game is an Italian bootleg of "Pengo".
- SCORING -
Smashing an ice block : 30 points.
Smashing an ice block with a Sno-bee inside : 500 points.
Walking over a stunned Snow-bee : 100 points.
Killing a Snow-bee with an ice block : 400 points.
Killing 2 Snow-bees at once with one ice block : 1,600 points.
Killing 3 Snow-bees at once with one ice block : 6,400 points.
Lining up the three diamond blocks with none of them touching a wall : 10,000 points.
Lining up the three diamond blocks with one or more touching a wall : 5,000 points.
Completing screen in under 20 seconds : 5,000 bonus points.
Completing screen in 20-29 seconds : 2,000 bonus points.
Completing screen in 30-39 seconds : 1,000 bonus points.
Completing screen in 40-49 seconds : 500 bonus points.
Completing screen in 50-59 seconds : 10 bonus points.
- TIPS AND TRICKS -
* The last remaining Sno-bee on the screen will try to escape. If you do not kill it before it reaches one of the corners it will disappear.
* The indicator at the top of the screen tells you how many Sno-Bees are remaining on the level, including those still in ice blocks.
* At the start of each level some ice blocks will flash. This indicates that there is a Sno-Bee inside and you can destroy the ice block to kill the Sno-Bee before it emerges.
* When you kill the last Sno-bee you have a couple of seconds before the level ends. Use this time to crush an ice block for an extra 30 points.
* Concentrate your efforts on lining up the diamond blocks. The 10,000 points are the biggest single score in the game, and stunning all the Sno-bees is also a valuable side effect. You can then kill them easily by pushing ice blocks onto them rather than running over them (400 points as opposed to 100).
* Try to kill more than one Sno-bee at a time, as two or more together are worth more points than killing them individually.
- CONTRIBUTE -
Edit this entry: http://www.arcade-history.com/?&page=detail&id=1947&o=2
Licensed from Alexis Bousiges under a CC Attribution 3.0 License
00100000 8C5B 00000100 FFFFFFFF Infinite Game Time
20800000 4BFF 00000000 FFFFFFFF Invincibility
20810000 4C08 00000000 FFFFFFFF Invincibility (2/4)
20810000 4C11 00000000 FFFFFFFF Invincibility (3/4)
20810000 4C1A 00000000 FFFFFFFF Invincibility (4/4)
00000000 8D1F 00000004 FFFFFFFF Always Stone Monster 1
00000000 8D3F 00000004 FFFFFFFF Always Stone Monster 2
00000000 8D5F 00000004 FFFFFFFF Always Stone Monster 3
00000001 8D1F 00000004 FFFFFFFF Stone Monster 1 Now!
00000001 8D3F 00000004 FFFFFFFF Stone Monster 2 Now!
00000001 8D5F 00000004 FFFFFFFF Stone Monster 3 Now!
60000000 0000 00000000 00000000
00000000 8814 00000005 FFFFFFFF Infinite Lives PL1
00000000 8815 00000005 FFFFFFFF Infinite Lives PL2
Credit Pugsy's MAME Cheat file