• Computer & PC Games
• Console Games
• Arcade Games
• Pinball Machines
• Handheld Games
• Traditional Games
• PlayStation 2
• Game Boy Advance
• Nintendo 64
and more platforms...
You are a game expert?
You are interested in
sharing your knowledge?
Submit your data here:
• Top contributors
Units produced: Sega
Controls/Input Device: Control(stick), Buttons(5)
Number of Players: 1
Acting Talent involved:
More Machine Details:
More System Details:
Game Awards Nominations:
Game Awards Won:
Rad Mobile VGMuseum Game Endings
Rad Mobile on CAESAR
Rad Mobile high score and replay at MARP
Rad Mobile on datObase
MAME folder name: radm
Display: raster 416x224 @ 60.00Hz (60.00 pixclock)
Sound: 2 channels
Emulated in MAME via driver segas32.c:
Status: imperfect; Emulation: good
Graphic: imperfect; Sound: good; Color: good
Palette size: 16384; Savestate: unsupported
epr-13523.ic14 with 524288kb
epr-13525.ic37 with 524288kb
epr-13526.ic38 with 524288kb
epr-13527.ic9 with 131072kb
epr-13686.bin with 32768kb
epr-13693.ic21 with 131072kb
epr-13699.ic20 with 524288kb
mpr-13511.ic1 with 1048576kb
mpr-13512.ic5 with 1048576kb
mpr-13513.ic10 with 1048576kb
mpr-13514.ic16 with 1048576kb
mpr-13515.ic2 with 1048576kb
mpr-13516.ic6 with 1048576kb
mpr-13517.ic11 with 1048576kb
mpr-13518.ic17 with 1048576kb
mpr-13519.ic3 with 524288kb
mpr-13520.ic7 with 524288kb
mpr-13521.ic12 with 524288kb
mpr-13522.ic18 with 524288kb
- 0.147u2: hap fixed clone Omega Fighter Special. The game fails to boot or finish post. After showing bad rom errors, the game resets.
- 0.147u1: Fixed maincpu rom loading.
- 0.122u7: Fixed gfx1/2/3/4/5 rom loading.
- 0.89u3: Changed Z80 CPU2 clock speed to 5MHz.
- 0.37b10: Yochizo added 'Omega Fighter' (UPL 1989) and clone Omega Fighter Special.
- 21st November 2000: Yochizo fixed some graphics bugs in the Omega Fighter / Atomic Robo-kid driver.
- 8th November 2000: Yochizo sent in a driver for Omega Fighter and Atomic Robo-kid.
- 25th April 1999: Dumped Omega Fighter Special.
LEVELS: 8 (restarts once)
* FB Alpha
Recommended Games (Star Force):
Night Star (DECO Cassette)
Alpha Mission / ASO
Alpha Mission II / ASO II
Astro Warrior (Mega-Tech)
Truxton / Tatsujin
Tatsujin (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
Truxton II / Tatsujin Oh
GunHed (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
The Next Space
Super Star Soldier (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
Strike Gunner S.T.G
Final Star Force
Viper Phase 1
Mars Matrix: Hyper Solid Shooting
Romset: 2016 kb / 8 files / 457.8 zip
Credits Mameinfo and Mametesters Project Robert J. Rabgno et al.
Rad Mobile (c) 1990 Sega.
Another in the long line of ground-breaking racing games from Sega, Rad Mobile is a twenty stage race across America; starting in Los Angeles and finishing in New York. With the game's release, Sega yet again introduced new gameplay elements to the genre, primarily in the form of dynamic weather effects. Sega's 1989 racer, "Turbo Out Run", also included limited weather effects, but they were far less prominent as a gameplay feature and a good deal less impressive than they are here.
Another Sega innovation is that many of Rad Mobile's stages have banked corners; with the car's cockpit view tilting to match the driving surface. Some stages also have police patrols, and players must either avoid or outrun the police cars or risk being pulled over. Being pulled over will result in a loss of valuable seconds.
In addition to the tight time limit, rival drivers (represented as red cars) and heavy, two-way traffic, players now had to contend with heavy rain, thick fog and darkness. Windscreen wipers and headlights had to be manually switched on by the player which, together with the first-person in-car view, gave a more realistic and interactive feel to standard but undeniably superb racing action.
- TECHNICAL -
Runs on the Sega "System 32" hardware.
- TRIVIA -
Even if the titlescreen says '1990', the game was released in February 1991 in Japan.
Also released as "Rad Mobile [Upright model]".
Rad Mobile was Sega's first 32bit arcade game.
Sega's legendary game mascot, Sonic The Hedgehog, is shown in this game dangling from the player's rear view mirror. This is actually the first time Sonic ever appeared in a video game.
Pony Canyon / Scitron released a limited-edition soundtrack album for this game (Formula : G.S.M. Sega 5 - PCCB-00059) on April 21, 1991.
A Rad Mobile unit appears in the 1992 movie 'Encino Man'.
- UPDATES -
The US version is slightly different, it has the "Winners Don't Use Drugs" screen.
- TIPS AND TRICKS -
* Rad Mobile's stages and relative driving conditions are as follows :
1. Los Angeles - Day
2. Mojave Desert - Day
3. Las Vegas - Night
4. Provo - Rain (features police patrol cars)
5. Salt Lake City - Day
6. Rocky Mountains - Day
7. Cheyenne - Thunder Storm (features police patrol cars)
8. Lincoln - Night
9. Omaha - Day
10. Kansas City - Fog (features police patrol cars)
11. St. Louis - Night
12. Springfield - Rain
13. Chicago - Day
14. Indianapolis - Night
15. Cincinnati - Day (features police patrol cars)
16. Columbus - Dusk
17. Pittsburgh - Night
18. Washington - Fog (features police patrol cars)
19. Philadelphia - Day
20. New York - Day
* The two-lane, oncoming traffic levels, such as the Rocky Mountains, are easier than they appear. Rather than trying to pass cars on the left and risk a head-on collision, pass them on the right. This is particularly good advice for the Rocky Mountains stage as it's possible to fall over the cliff edge that is situated on the left-hand side of the course.
* There are at least two endings to this game depending on what place the player finishes in and whether or not he or she used any short cuts. The best ending is achieved by finishing in first place without using any shortcuts.
- SERIES -
1. Rad Mobile (1990)
2. Rad Rally (1991)
- STAFF -
Developed by Sega-AM2.
- PORTS -
* Consoles :
[JP] Sega Saturn (1994) "Gale Racer [Model GS-9003]"
- CONTRIBUTE -
Edit this entry: http://www.arcade-history.com/?&page=detail&id=2153&o=2
Licensed from Alexis Bousiges under a CC Attribution 3.0 License
00000000 20F4B8 00000099 FFFFFFFF Infinite Time
00000000 20F42F 00000000 FFFFFFFF Invincibility (Incomplete) Doesn't work against oncoming cars
00010000 20F476 00000000 FFFFFFFF Invincibility (Incomplete) (2/2)
00000010 20F4C3 00000001 00000001 Quick Recovery
00010000 20F4CB 00000000 FFFFFFFF Quick Recovery (2/2)
62000000 000000 00000000 00000000 Select Weather
00010000 20F4A9 00000000 FFFFFFFF Dry
00010000 20F4A9 00000001 FFFFFFFF Rainy
Credit Pugsy's MAME Cheat file