• Computer & PC Games
• Console Games
• Arcade Games
• Pinball Machines
• Handheld Games
• Traditional Games
• PlayStation 2
• Game Boy Advance
• Nintendo 64
and more platforms...
You are a game expert?
You are interested in
sharing your knowledge?
Submit your data here:
• Top contributors
Units produced: Midway
Controls/Input Device: Control(joy8way), Buttons(3)
Number of Players: 3
Acting Talent involved:
More Machine Details:
More System Details:
Game Awards Nominations:
Game Awards Won:
Rampage: World Tour (rev 1.3) VGMuseum Game Endings
Rampage: World Tour (rev 1.3) on CAESAR
Rampage: World Tour (rev 1.3) high score and replay at MARP
Rampage: World Tour (rev 1.3) on datObase
MAME folder name: rmpgwt
Display: raster 399x253 @ 54.82Hz (54.82 pixclock)
Sound: 1 channels
Emulated in MAME via driver midwunit.c:
Status: good; Emulation: good
Graphic: good; Sound: good; Color: good
Palette size: 32768; Savestate: supported
rwt.118 with 1048576kb
rwt.119 with 1048576kb
rwt.120 with 1048576kb
rwt.121 with 1048576kb
rwt.122 with 1048576kb
rwt.123 with 1048576kb
rwt.124 with 1048576kb
rwt.125 with 1048576kb
rwt.126 with 1048576kb
rwt.127 with 1048576kb
rwt.128 with 1048576kb
rwt.129 with 1048576kb
rwt.130 with 1048576kb
rwt.131 with 1048576kb
rwt.132 with 1048576kb
rwt.133 with 1048576kb
rwt.2 with 1048576kb
rwt.3 with 1048576kb
rwt.4 with 1048576kb
rwt.5 with 1048576kb
rwtr13.54 with 524288kb
rwtr13.63 with 524288kb
- 0.147u2: hap fixed clone Omega Fighter Special. The game fails to boot or finish post. After showing bad rom errors, the game resets.
- 0.147u1: Fixed maincpu rom loading.
- 0.122u7: Fixed gfx1/2/3/4/5 rom loading.
- 0.89u3: Changed Z80 CPU2 clock speed to 5MHz.
- 0.37b10: Yochizo added 'Omega Fighter' (UPL 1989) and clone Omega Fighter Special.
- 21st November 2000: Yochizo fixed some graphics bugs in the Omega Fighter / Atomic Robo-kid driver.
- 8th November 2000: Yochizo sent in a driver for Omega Fighter and Atomic Robo-kid.
- 25th April 1999: Dumped Omega Fighter Special.
LEVELS: 8 (restarts once)
* FB Alpha
Recommended Games (Star Force):
Night Star (DECO Cassette)
Alpha Mission / ASO
Alpha Mission II / ASO II
Astro Warrior (Mega-Tech)
Truxton / Tatsujin
Tatsujin (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
Truxton II / Tatsujin Oh
GunHed (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
The Next Space
Super Star Soldier (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
Strike Gunner S.T.G
Final Star Force
Viper Phase 1
Mars Matrix: Hyper Solid Shooting
Romset: 2016 kb / 8 files / 457.8 zip
Credits Mameinfo and Mametesters Project Robert J. Rabgno et al.
Rampage - World Tour (c) 1997 Midway Games, Incorporated.
A sequel to the 1986 original, Rampage World Tour once again has George, Lizzie, and Ralph bent on a trail of destruction. The 'World Tour' of the title refers to the fact that the action now takes place around the entire world, instead of just North America. Graphics are much improved and a kick button has been added to allow even more chaos.
Hidden bonus items have also been added to the game; two examples are an item that allows any player character to transport to almost any location in the game instantly. A second gives the players more destructive power. Some stages have a vat of toxic chemicals that can mutate any player character into a huge purple bat-like creature called V.E.R.N (Violently Enraged Radioactive Nemesis) for the duration of the stage.
- TECHNICAL -
Midway Wolf Unit hardware
Main CPU : TMS34010 (@ 6.25 Mhz)
Sound CPU : ADSP2105 (@ 10 Mhz)
Sound Chips : DMA-driven (@ 10 Mhz)
Players : 3
Control : 8-way joystick
Buttons : 3
- TRIVIA -
Rampage - World Tour was released in March 1997.
Rampage - World Tour was born during a meeting, (regarding another project), between Game Refuge Designers Brian Colin and Jeff Nauman and top Midway execs Ken Fedesna and the late, great, Joe Dillon. Marketing VP Joe Dillon made an off-hand comment : "What we really need is a game that appeals to everyone... adults as well as kids, girls as much as guys. My partner, Jeff Nauman, and I looked at each other and said, in unison, 'Then lets re-make RAMPAGE!'. Five minutes later we got the green light to make the game".
It was decided to remake the game using the latest Midway Wolf Unit hardware. All of the character animation was achieved through the use of the 3D spline-modelling tool Animation Master.
Rampage - World Tour was included as a bonus in "Rampage - Total Destruction" for the Nintendo GameCube, Sony PlayStation 2, and Nintendo Wii.
A sequel, "Rampage - Universal Tour" was cancelled as an arcade project.
Stages trivia : There are 130 regular racks/levels in RWT. Each rack is a unique city, and the passage of time is counted in Days (1 day = 1 city). In addition, there are 14 'Transcontinental Flights'; a bonus flying rack in which players chalk up special bonuses. There are are 4 'Grudge Match' racks that pit player against player for an enormous point bonus. The final levels are on the surface of the moon, against hordes of heavily armed Scumlab astronauts. There are 'hidden' racks as well, in such unlikely places as 'Hades' (complete with Demonic Minions) (...told you Scumlabs had underworld connections), 'Secret Government Area 69' (So that's where all those aliens keep coming from!) and the terrifying, mystical wasteland known only as 'Suburbia', to name a few.
In some stage you are attacked by ed-209 from "Robocop"!
There are several humorous touches in the game. Like sometimes if your character eats a person, he will spit him out shortly if that person didn't taste good.
- UPDATES -
Revision 1 :
* Software version : 1.1.
Revision 2 :
* Software version : 1.3.
- TIPS AND TRICKS -
* A Few Lesser-Known Items of Interest
1) Calculator : Grab a calculator before snagging a bonus power to multiply the effects of that power.
2) Scumlab Triangle : Punching this symbol instantly destroys all on-screen vehicles.
3) Rubber Duckie : Make the duck quack five times to call the jet bombers and evacuate the city earlier than usual.
4) Allergic Reactions : Eating certain foods may make you sneeze. Ralph is allergic to cats, Lizzie is allergic to birds, and George is allergic to dogs.
5) Backoff Bellow : Right after another player pops you in the face, pull down on your Joystick and press the Kick Button. You will Bellow at him and leave him dazed.
* A Few Secret Codes : Secret codes must be entered when the name of the appropriate city is displayed. The effect lasts while the Creatures are in that city. A brief message will confirm if the code was entered correctly.
1) Fatty Foods : This code enables an individual Creature to digest fatty foods better. All people eaten by this Monster award 3X their normal health increase...
GEORGE : (U + J,J,J)
LIZZY : (U + P,P,P)
RALPH : (U + K,K,K)
When To Use : At the end of every Jumbo Jet Ride... prior to the start of every World Tour
2) Iron Guts : This code enables an individual Creature to avoid stomach upset. Bad Stuff, that would normally make one puke, now builds up a player's health...
GEORGE (D + J,J,J)
LIZZY (D + P,P,P)
RALPH (D + K,K,K)
When To Use : Each time you return to a US City after taking a World Tour.
3) Food-O-Rama : This code fills all buildings with Good Stuff to eat. Note that ALL of the buttons indicated below must be pushed, regardless of the number of players...
When To Use : Washington DC, Moab, Nashville and Kodiak... And every fourth city in a World Tour, as well...London, Kiev, Casablanca and Rio
4) Load Up : This code loads the city with every possible Special Power. Note that ALL of the buttons indicated below must be pushed, regardless of the number of players...
When To Use : Philadelphia, Carbondale, Santa Fe and Honolulu.
5) Secret Racks : This code sends the players to a rack, or level, that cannot be reached any other way. Note that ALL of the buttons indicated below must be pushed, regardless of the number of players.
GEORGE (J,J,J) AND
LIZZY (P,P,P) AND
When To Use : Enter the code in Atlanta and find yourself in the food rich world of SUBURBIA.
Enter the code in Louisville, and find yourself in the SCUMLAB BIOWEAPON WAREHOUSE.
Enter the code in chilly Fairbanks to discover the steamy secret of EUSTAS DEMONIC'S UNDERWORLD CONNECTION.
Enter the code in Phoenix to learn what's hidden at secret Government AREA 69.
6) The Ten-City Jump (Rack Advance) : This code lets the players jump ahead ten racks or so...making it much easier to reach the exciting finale on the surface of the moon! (...and YES, the rumors are true about what happens in the final moments of the arcade game...) Note that ALL of the buttons indicated below must be pushed, regardless of the number of players.
When To Use : Cleveland, Oklahoma City, Fargo and Reno.
* You can make your character fly. Climb up a building and jump, now start tapping the punch button steadily, your character will start flapping his hands like bird-wings and will start sort-of gliding.
- SERIES -
1. Rampage [No. 0E36] (1986, Arcade)
2. Rampage - World Tour (1997, Arcade)
3. Rampage 2 - Universal Tour (1999, Nintendo 64)
4. Rampage Through Time (2000, Sony PlayStation)
5. Rampage - Total Destruction (2006, GameCube/PS2/Wii)
- STAFF -
Developed by Game Refuge.
Programming group : Jeff Nauman, Blake Drolson, Joel Nauman, Kirk Nauman, Lynn Zeglin
Animation group : Brian Colin, Jeff Croke, Rob Dollase, Aaron Hartline, Tom Kondol, Mark Sieka
Sounds / Music : Dr. Dave Zabriskie, Vince Pontarelli, Mike Colin
Concept and design : Brian Colin, Jeff Nauman
Support from : Scott Parrish, Cary Mednick, Pat Cox, Mark Turmell, Sal Divita, Nik Ehrlich, Herman Sanchez, Darren Walker, Christa Woss, Pat Fitzgerald, Joan Faux, Andy Lycke, Art & Jim Tianis, Sheridan Oursler, Rosalind Dugas, Al Lasko, Steve Correl, Bill Soldwish, Leroy Brown, Tom Sedor, Bill Dabelstein, Doug Hurd, Mike Burgin, Sean, Jason, Decker
- PORTS -
* Consoles :
Sega Saturn [EU] (1997) "Rampage World Tour [Model T-25416H-50]"
Sega Saturn [US] (September 30, 1997) "Rampage World Tour [Model T-9708H]"
Sony PlayStation [US] (September 30, 1997) "Rampage - World Tour [Model SLUS-00549]"
Sony PlayStation [EU] (December 1997) "Rampage - World Tour [Model SLES-01011]"
Nintendo 64 [US] (March 30, 1998) "Rampage - World Tour [Model NUS-NRPE-USA]"
Nintendo 64 [EU] (June 1998) "Rampage - World Tour [Model NUS-NRPP-EUR]"
Sony PlayStation 2 [AU] (2004) "Midway Arcade Treasures 2"
Microsoft XBOX [US] (October 11, 2004) "Midway Arcade Treasures 2 [Model MWO-3201W]"
Nintendo GameCube [US] (October 11, 2004) "Midway Arcade Treasures 2 [Model DOL-GAYE-USA]"
Sony PlayStation 2 [US] (October 11, 2004) "Midway Arcade Treasures 2 [Model SLUS-20997]"
Microsoft XBOX [EU] (October 29, 2004) "Midway Arcade Treasures 2"
Sony PlayStation 2 [EU] (October 29, 2004) "Midway Arcade Treasures 2 [Model SLES-52844]"
Sony PlayStation 3 [PSN] [US] (May 17, 2007)
Sony PlayStation 3 [PSN] [EU] (June 22, 2007)
* Handhelds :
Nintendo Game Boy Color [EU] (1998) "Rampage - World Tour [Model DMG-ARPP-EUR]"
Nintendo Game Boy Color [US] (December 1998) "Rampage - World Tour [Model DMG-ARPE-USA]"
* Computers :
PC [MS Windows, CD-ROM] [US] (1997)
PC [MS Windows, CD-ROM] [US] (February 17, 2006) "Midway Arcade Treasures Deluxe Edition"
PC [MS Windows, CD-ROM] [EU] (March 17, 2006) "Midway Arcade Treasures Deluxe Edition" by Zoo Digital Publishing
- CONTRIBUTE -
Edit this entry: http://www.arcade-history.com/?&page=detail&id=2175&o=2
Licensed from Alexis Bousiges under a CC Attribution 3.0 License
00000001 2634A2 00000000 FFFFFFFF Finish this Round Now! You only get the bonuses you've earnt uptil you've activated the cheat though
60000000 000000 00000000 00000000
00000000 22B442 0000000A FFFFFFFF Infinite Lives PL1
00000000 22B446 00000064 FFFFFFFF Infinite Energy PL1
00000000 22B5C4 00000001 FFFFFFFF Always play as V.E.R.N. PL1
00000001 22B4A2 0000004B FFFFFFFF Transform into V.E.R.N. Now! PL1
00000001 22B4A2 00000060 FFFFFFFF Game Over Now! PL1
60000000 000000 00000000 00000000
00000000 22BC42 0000000A FFFFFFFF Infinite Lives PL2
00000000 22BC46 00000064 FFFFFFFF Infinite Energy PL2
00000000 22BDC4 00000001 FFFFFFFF Always play as V.E.R.N. PL2
00000001 22BCA2 0000004B FFFFFFFF Transform into V.E.R.N. Now! PL2
00000001 22BCA2 00000060 FFFFFFFF Game Over Now! PL2
60000000 000000 00000000 00000000
00000000 22C442 0000000A FFFFFFFF Infinite Lives PL3
00000000 22C446 00000064 FFFFFFFF Infinite Energy PL3
00000000 22C5C4 00000001 FFFFFFFF Always play as V.E.R.N. PL3
00000001 22C4A2 0000004B FFFFFFFF Transform into V.E.R.N. Now! PL3
00000001 22C4A2 00000060 FFFFFFFF Game Over Now! PL3
Credit Pugsy's MAME Cheat file