• Computer & PC Games
• Console Games
• Arcade Games
• Pinball Machines
• Handheld Games
• Traditional Games
• PlayStation 2
• Game Boy Advance
• Nintendo 64
and more platforms...
You are a game expert?
You are interested in
sharing your knowledge?
Submit your data here:
• Top contributors
Units produced: Taito
Controls/Input Device: Control(joy4way), Buttons(1)
Number of Players: 2
Acting Talent involved:
More Machine Details:
More System Details:
Game Awards Nominations:
Game Awards Won:
Space Chaser VGMuseum Game Endings
Space Chaser on CAESAR
Space Chaser high score and replay at MARP
Space Chaser on datObase
MAME folder name: schaser
Display: raster 260x224 @ 59.54Hz (59.54 pixclock)
Sound: 1 channels
Emulated in MAME via driver 8080bw.c:
Status: imperfect; Emulation: good
Graphic: good; Sound: good; Color: imperfect
Palette size: 0; Savestate: unsupported
rt06.ic2 with 1024kb
rt13.bin with 1024kb
rt14.bin with 1024kb
rt15.bin with 1024kb
rt16.bin with 1024kb
rt17.bin with 1024kb
rt18.bin with 1024kb
rt19.bin with 1024kb
rt20.bin with 1024kb
rt21.bin with 1024kb
rt22.bin with 1024kb
- 0.147u2: hap fixed clone Omega Fighter Special. The game fails to boot or finish post. After showing bad rom errors, the game resets.
- 0.147u1: Fixed maincpu rom loading.
- 0.122u7: Fixed gfx1/2/3/4/5 rom loading.
- 0.89u3: Changed Z80 CPU2 clock speed to 5MHz.
- 0.37b10: Yochizo added 'Omega Fighter' (UPL 1989) and clone Omega Fighter Special.
- 21st November 2000: Yochizo fixed some graphics bugs in the Omega Fighter / Atomic Robo-kid driver.
- 8th November 2000: Yochizo sent in a driver for Omega Fighter and Atomic Robo-kid.
- 25th April 1999: Dumped Omega Fighter Special.
LEVELS: 8 (restarts once)
* FB Alpha
Recommended Games (Star Force):
Night Star (DECO Cassette)
Alpha Mission / ASO
Alpha Mission II / ASO II
Astro Warrior (Mega-Tech)
Truxton / Tatsujin
Tatsujin (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
Truxton II / Tatsujin Oh
GunHed (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
The Next Space
Super Star Soldier (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
Strike Gunner S.T.G
Final Star Force
Viper Phase 1
Mars Matrix: Hyper Solid Shooting
Romset: 2016 kb / 8 files / 457.8 zip
Credits Mameinfo and Mametesters Project Robert J. Rabgno et al.
Space Chaser (c) 1979 Taito.
Space Chaser is a 2-Dimensional maze racing game. You control your rocket through the maze to pick up the dots while at the same time avoiding the rocket, or rockets, that are constantly trying to ram you. Successfully get through one maze and many more await you. This is good practice for freeway driving in the big city.
- TECHNICAL -
Board Number : RTNxxxx
Prom Stickers : RT13-22
Main CPU : Intel 8080
Sound Chips : SN76477, Discrete circuitry
Players : 2
Control : 4-way joystick
Buttons : 1 (THRUST)
- TRIVIA -
Space Chaser was released in October 1979.
Also released as a cocktail model. In Japan, the cocktail version is known as "T.T Space Chaser".
This is probably the most manic of the "Head-on" type of games, as instead of a car (or 2) you're trying to avoid a head-on collision with, you have a missile trying to ram into you. This gives added pressure, since you must be able to outrace the missile at the end of the round.
Maybe also known as "Missile Chaser".
- SCORING -
Dots : 10 points X level number.
Levels start at 1 and go up to 9. After that level 9 keeps repeating itself.
- TIPS AND TRICKS -
* How to finish off the first screen :
1) Let your rocket finish off the half of the bottom row you are on, but turn around before you turn the corner. Turn towards the center when you get back to where you were.
2) Finish off the ten sets of two dots in the middle. Watch out for the missile trying to strike you. Although you should have no problem with giving your rocket a moment's needed boost, try to do as much as possible without boosting through the center. You'll need it later.
3) Take the circle of dots that surrounds the inner area.
4) Go to the bottom row. You should have the left half of the bottom line ready. Go around, finishing the dots.
5) On the last row, hit the boost. You'll need it to finish.
* Hold down 2P DOWN while it says INSERT COIN. Then insert a coin and play. You will have 2 extra ships.
* In the Hard difficulty setting, you normally start at level 4. Hold down the 1P START (the 1 key) while it says INSERT COIN. Then insert a coin and play. You will start at level 5.
- PORTS -
* Consoles :
Sony PlayStation 2 [JP] (January 25, 2007) "Taito Memories II Joukan [Model SLPM-66649]"
* Handhelds :
Sony PSP [EU] (October 6, 2006) "Taito Legends Power-Up [Model ULES-00473]"
Sony PSP [AU] (November 9, 2006) "Taito Legends Power-Up [Model ULES-00473]"
Sony PSP [US] (May 17, 2007) "Taito Legends Power-Up [Model ULUS-10208]"
- CONTRIBUTE -
Edit this entry: http://www.arcade-history.com/?&page=detail&id=2522&o=2
Licensed from Alexis Bousiges under a CC Attribution 3.0 License
00000000 233D 00000009 FFFFFFFF Infinite Credits
00000000 2014 000000E0 FFFFFFFF Infinite Fuel
00000000 2012 00000099 FFFFFFFF Infinite Bonus
60000000 0000 00000000 00000000
00000000 232F 00000003 FFFFFFFF Infinite Lives PL1
00000000 2330 00000003 FFFFFFFF Infinite Lives PL2
Credit Pugsy's MAME Cheat file