• Computer & PC Games
• Console Games
• Arcade Games
• Pinball Machines
• Handheld Games
• Traditional Games
• PlayStation 2
• Game Boy Advance
• Nintendo 64
and more platforms...
You are a game expert?
You are interested in
sharing your knowledge?
Submit your data here:
• Top contributors
Units produced: Tehkan
Controls/Input Device: Control(joy8way), Buttons(1)
Number of Players: 2
Acting Talent involved:
More Machine Details:
More System Details:
Game Awards Nominations:
Game Awards Won:
Star Force VGMuseum Game Endings
Star Force on CAESAR
Star Force high score and replay at MARP
Star Force on datObase
MAME folder name: starforc
Display: raster 256x224 @ 60.00Hz (60.00 pixclock)
Sound: 1 channels
Emulated in MAME via driver senjyo.c:
Status: good; Emulation: good
Graphic: good; Sound: good; Color: good
Palette size: 514; Savestate: unsupported
07b.bin with 32kb
starforc.1 with 8192kb
starforc.10 with 8192kb
starforc.11 with 8192kb
starforc.12 with 8192kb
starforc.13 with 8192kb
starforc.14 with 8192kb
starforc.15 with 8192kb
starforc.16 with 4096kb
starforc.17 with 4096kb
starforc.18 with 4096kb
starforc.2 with 16384kb
starforc.3 with 16384kb
starforc.4 with 16384kb
starforc.5 with 16384kb
starforc.6 with 16384kb
starforc.7 with 4096kb
starforc.8 with 4096kb
starforc.9 with 4096kb
- 0.147u2: hap fixed clone Omega Fighter Special. The game fails to boot or finish post. After showing bad rom errors, the game resets.
- 0.147u1: Fixed maincpu rom loading.
- 0.122u7: Fixed gfx1/2/3/4/5 rom loading.
- 0.89u3: Changed Z80 CPU2 clock speed to 5MHz.
- 0.37b10: Yochizo added 'Omega Fighter' (UPL 1989) and clone Omega Fighter Special.
- 21st November 2000: Yochizo fixed some graphics bugs in the Omega Fighter / Atomic Robo-kid driver.
- 8th November 2000: Yochizo sent in a driver for Omega Fighter and Atomic Robo-kid.
- 25th April 1999: Dumped Omega Fighter Special.
LEVELS: 8 (restarts once)
* FB Alpha
Recommended Games (Star Force):
Night Star (DECO Cassette)
Alpha Mission / ASO
Alpha Mission II / ASO II
Astro Warrior (Mega-Tech)
Truxton / Tatsujin
Tatsujin (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
Truxton II / Tatsujin Oh
GunHed (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
The Next Space
Super Star Soldier (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
Strike Gunner S.T.G
Final Star Force
Viper Phase 1
Mars Matrix: Hyper Solid Shooting
Romset: 2016 kb / 8 files / 457.8 zip
Credits Mameinfo and Mametesters Project Robert J. Rabgno et al.
Star Force (c) 1984 Tehkan.
A single player, vertically scrolling shoot-em-up in which the player pilots a spaceship over series series of islands - drifting in outer-space space - shooting enemy spacecraft and ground-based targets. Special symbols appear at regular intervals and can be shot or collected for bonuses and power-ups. Each level has an end-of-level boss that must be defeated before the player can progress to the next level, while the levels themselves are designated by letters of the Greek alphabet.
- TECHNICAL -
Main CPU : Zilog Z80 (@ 4 Mhz)
Sound CPU : Zilog Z80 (@ 2 Mhz)
Sound Chips : (3x) Texas Instruments SN76496 (@ 2 Mhz), Custom (@ 2 Mhz)
Players : 2
Control : 8-way joystick
Buttons : 1
- TRIVIA -
Released in September 1984.
This game is known in US as "Megaforce".
- TIPS AND TRICKS -
* A Trick : You can determine which direction the end of level boss will move before it even appears by looking at your score. If the hundreds digit is odd, the boss will move to the left. If it is even, it'll move right (the tens and units digits are always zero).
* One Million Points Bonus : On the violet continent, if you see a coelacanth fossil on the left side, go to the -right- side and shoot. Cleopatra appears - shoot her and you'll get a million-point bonus. The coelacanth may only appear on the third violet continent.
* 80,000 Points Bonus : At some points in the game you will see two columns of green arrows down the center of the screen. Concentrate on either the left or right column of these arrows, and try to shoot 16 in a row. You will be awarded an 80,000 bonus for doing this. The first time these appear, it is possible to get two such bonuses in a row (if there are not many enemies around!), and sometimes more if the level ends before the column has finished appearing. Later on there is a short column of only 16, so only one bonus is possible here.
* 50,000 Point Bonus : You've seen a big enemy that combines into parts. When you hear the tune it is about to appear, STOP SHOOTING (You don't actually have to stop shooting altogether, but if you hit part of the enemy before the center part flashes white the bonus will not work). Position your ship so that you are just underneath the center part of the enemy and wait for it to flash white. Once this has happened, shoot the center part several times : the enemy will be destroyed and you will be awarded the 50,000 point special bonus.
- SERIES -
1. Star Force (1984, Arcade)
2. Super Star Force [Model TCF-ST] (1986, Famicom)
3. Final Star Force (1992, Arcade)
- STAFF -
Music and Sound FX: Shinichi Sakamoto (Cheabow), Tsukasa Masuko (Matsu)
- PORTS -
* Consoles :
Sega SG-1000 (1985, Sega)
Nintendo Famicom (1987)
Nintendo Super Famicom [JP] (Jul. 07, 1995, "Caravan Shooting Collection [Model SHVC-AS8J-JPN]")
Sony PlayStation 2 (2004, "Tecmo Hit Parade")
Microsoft XBOX (2005, "Tecmo Classic Arcade")
* Computers :
Sharp X68000 (1993 - Dempa)
- CONTRIBUTE -
Edit this entry: http://www.arcade-history.com/?&page=detail&id=2614&o=2
Licensed from Alexis Bousiges under a CC Attribution 3.0 License
20800000 1848 000000C9 FFFFFFFF Invincibility
00000001 8412 00000008 FFFFFFFF 1 Hit to Kill Boss Now!
00000000 8547 00000080 FFFFFFFF Always Fast Shooting
00000000 800A 00000000 FFFFFFFF Rapid Fire
00000703 8179 00000077 FFFFFFFF Select next level
00000701 8179 00000077 FFFFFFFF Select current level
00000100 83F5 000000F0 FFFFFFFF Select Horizontal Speed
00000100 83F6 000000F0 FFFFFFFF Select Vertical Speed
60000000 0000 00000000 00000000
00000000 8166 00000009 FFFFFFFF Infinite Lives PL1
00000001 817E 000000F9 FFFFFFFF 1 Hit to goto Boss Now! PL1
00000000 8198 00000009 FFFFFFFF Infinite Lives PL2
00000000 81B0 000000F9 FFFFFFFF 1 Hit to goto Boss Now! PL2
Credit Pugsy's MAME Cheat file