• Computer & PC Games
• Console Games
• Arcade Games
• Pinball Machines
• Handheld Games
• Traditional Games
• PlayStation 2
• Game Boy Advance
• Nintendo 64
and more platforms...
You are a game expert?
You are interested in
sharing your knowledge?
Submit your data here:
• Top contributors
Units produced: Nintendo
Controls/Input Device: Control(joy8way), Buttons(2)
Number of Players: 2
Acting Talent involved:
More Machine Details:
More System Details:
Game Awards Nominations:
Game Awards Won:
Vs. Super Mario Bros. VGMuseum Game Endings
Vs. Super Mario Bros. on CAESAR
Vs. Super Mario Bros. high score and replay at MARP
Vs. Super Mario Bros. on datObase
MAME folder name: suprmrio
Display: raster 256x240 @ 60.00Hz (60.00 pixclock)
Sound: 1 channels
Emulated in MAME via driver vsnes.c:
Status: good; Emulation: good
Graphic: good; Sound: good; Color: good
Palette size: 512; Savestate: unsupported
mds-sm4.1a with 8192kb
mds-sm4.1b with 8192kb
mds-sm4.1c with 8192kb
mds-sm4.1d with 8192kb
mds-sm4.2a with 8192kb
mds-sm4.2b with 8192kb
- 0.147u2: hap fixed clone Omega Fighter Special. The game fails to boot or finish post. After showing bad rom errors, the game resets.
- 0.147u1: Fixed maincpu rom loading.
- 0.122u7: Fixed gfx1/2/3/4/5 rom loading.
- 0.89u3: Changed Z80 CPU2 clock speed to 5MHz.
- 0.37b10: Yochizo added 'Omega Fighter' (UPL 1989) and clone Omega Fighter Special.
- 21st November 2000: Yochizo fixed some graphics bugs in the Omega Fighter / Atomic Robo-kid driver.
- 8th November 2000: Yochizo sent in a driver for Omega Fighter and Atomic Robo-kid.
- 25th April 1999: Dumped Omega Fighter Special.
LEVELS: 8 (restarts once)
* FB Alpha
Recommended Games (Star Force):
Night Star (DECO Cassette)
Alpha Mission / ASO
Alpha Mission II / ASO II
Astro Warrior (Mega-Tech)
Truxton / Tatsujin
Tatsujin (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
Truxton II / Tatsujin Oh
GunHed (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
The Next Space
Super Star Soldier (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
Strike Gunner S.T.G
Final Star Force
Viper Phase 1
Mars Matrix: Hyper Solid Shooting
Romset: 2016 kb / 8 files / 457.8 zip
Credits Mameinfo and Mametesters Project Robert J. Rabgno et al.
Vs. Super Mario Bros. (c) 1986 Nintendo.
Classic and cult horizontal platform game featuring the Nintendo mascot Mario who must save princess Toadstool (Princess Peach in Japan) from Bowser (Koopa in Japan).
- TECHNICAL -
Vs. Super Mario Bros. is most common in a converted "Donkey Kong" or "Donkey Kong Junior" cabinet (this game was only available as a kit, there were no dedicated cabinets made). Actually, any copy of this game that is not in a converted Donkey Kong series cabinet is incorrect (as the Vs. kit was only designed for those cabinets). Nintendo designed a special small joystick for their Vs. Unisystem games (allowing a 2 player setup on the tiny Donkey Kong control panel). Another difference between this title and most standard games was audio that was processed in the monitor (although this was the same as most other early Nintendo titles). One other notable thing about this title is that either joystick will control either player (most Vs. titles were like this), making it rather pointless to have 2 sticks in the first place.
Main CPU : Zetex N2A03 (@ 1.789772 Mhz)
Sound Chips : Zetex N2A03 (@ 1.789772 Mhz), DAC
Screen orientation : Horizontal
Video resolution : 256 x 240 pixels
Screen refresh : 60.00 Hz
Palette colors : 64
Players : 2
Control : 8-way joystick
Buttons : 2
- TRIVIA -
Released in April 1986.
Basically, this is the arcade port of the Nintendo Famicom "Super Mario Bros.". There are slight differences:
* Item placement in the '?' and hidden blocks differs slightly, so if you're used to the Playchoice-10 version you may find a few different and unexpected items in certain familiar places.
* Parts of levels were also changed slightly, too, the most noticeable being a gap in the ceiling bricks on the way to the Warp Zone in World 1-2.
* This seems to make the World -1 trick impossible to do on Vs. Super Mario Bros., as it involved the use of these removed bricks.
* More enemies added in most levels
* Bug fixes / preventions.
This game is also known as "Vs. Mario's Adventure".
A hack of this game where made by Two-Bits Score and is known as "Skate Kid Bros.".
Michael Jackson used to own this game. It was sold at the official Michael Jackson Auction on Apr. 24th, 2009.
A Vs. Super Mario Bros. unit appears in the sitcom 'Two and a Half Men'; Season 5, Episode 2 (People Who Love Peepholes).
- TIPS AND TRICKS -
* Increase The Number Of Marios By 100 Or More : There is a way of increasing the number of Marios by more than 100. At the end of World 3-1, when Koopa Troopa comes on the block stairway just before the flagpole... and reaches the lowest step, jump on him to make him stop moving.
* The 999 Timer Bonus Trick : This one can be done on any of the -4 Worlds. It is most difficult to achieve on World 6-4 and World 7-4. What you do is try to end the level with the timer at 000, and the machine will act as though you have 1000 units of time instead of 0. It will drop to 999 and count down to 000 from there and award points for each unit of time. Simply jump to the axe as the timer goes from 002 to 001 and you should finish the screen with the timer at 000 and get the maximum bonus.
- STAFF -
Designed by video game legend : Shigeru Miyamoto
Music & sound by : Koji Kondo
- CONTRIBUTE -
Edit this entry: http://www.arcade-history.com/?&page=detail&id=3117&o=2
Licensed from Alexis Bousiges under a CC Attribution 3.0 License
00000022 07FA 00000009 FFFFFFFF Infinite Time
00000000 075A 00000008 FFFFFFFF Infinite Lives
00000000 079E 00000008 FFFFFFFF Invincibility
00000000 0709 00000000 FFFFFFFF Moon Jump
62000000 0000 00000000 00000000 Select Sprite Movement
00010000 0704 00000000 FFFFFFFF Walker
00010000 0704 00000001 FFFFFFFF Swimmer
62000000 0000 00000000 00000000 Select Effect
00010000 0754 00000001 FFFFFFFF Small Sprite
00018000 0756 00000000 FFFFFFFF Small Sprite (2/2)
00010000 0754 00000000 FFFFFFFF Big Sprite
00018000 0756 00000001 FFFFFFFF Big Sprite (2/2)
00010000 0754 00000001 FFFFFFFF Big Sprite with Firepower
00018000 0756 00000002 FFFFFFFF Big Sprite with Firepower (2/2)
00003301 075F 00000007 FFFFFFFF Select Current World Level
Credit Pugsy's MAME Cheat file