• Computer & PC Games
• Console Games
• Arcade Games
• Pinball Machines
• Handheld Games
• Traditional Games
• PlayStation 2
• Game Boy Advance
• Nintendo 64
and more platforms...
You are a game expert?
You are interested in
sharing your knowledge?
Submit your data here:
• Top contributors
Units produced: Stern
Controls/Input Device: Control(joy8way), Buttons(2)
Number of Players: 2
Acting Talent involved:
More Machine Details:
More System Details:
Game Awards Nominations:
Game Awards Won:
Tazz-Mania (set 1) VGMuseum Game Endings
Tazz-Mania (set 1) on CAESAR
Tazz-Mania (set 1) high score and replay at MARP
Tazz-Mania (set 1) on datObase
MAME folder name: tazmania
Display: raster 768x224 @ 60.61Hz (60.61 pixclock)
Sound: 1 channels
Emulated in MAME via driver galdrvr.c:
Status: good; Emulation: good
Graphic: good; Sound: good; Color: good
Palette size: 32; Savestate: supported
2c.cpu with 4096kb
2e.cpu with 4096kb
2f.cpu with 4096kb
2h.cpu with 4096kb
2j.cpu with 4096kb
2k.cpu with 4096kb
5f.cpu with 2048kb
5h.cpu with 2048kb
colr6f.cpu with 32kb
rom0.snd with 2048kb
- 0.147u2: hap fixed clone Omega Fighter Special. The game fails to boot or finish post. After showing bad rom errors, the game resets.
- 0.147u1: Fixed maincpu rom loading.
- 0.122u7: Fixed gfx1/2/3/4/5 rom loading.
- 0.89u3: Changed Z80 CPU2 clock speed to 5MHz.
- 0.37b10: Yochizo added 'Omega Fighter' (UPL 1989) and clone Omega Fighter Special.
- 21st November 2000: Yochizo fixed some graphics bugs in the Omega Fighter / Atomic Robo-kid driver.
- 8th November 2000: Yochizo sent in a driver for Omega Fighter and Atomic Robo-kid.
- 25th April 1999: Dumped Omega Fighter Special.
LEVELS: 8 (restarts once)
* FB Alpha
Recommended Games (Star Force):
Night Star (DECO Cassette)
Alpha Mission / ASO
Alpha Mission II / ASO II
Astro Warrior (Mega-Tech)
Truxton / Tatsujin
Tatsujin (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
Truxton II / Tatsujin Oh
GunHed (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
The Next Space
Super Star Soldier (Tourvision PCE bootleg)
Strike Gunner S.T.G
Final Star Force
Viper Phase 1
Mars Matrix: Hyper Solid Shooting
Romset: 2016 kb / 8 files / 457.8 zip
Credits Mameinfo and Mametesters Project Robert J. Rabgno et al.
Tazz-Mania (c) 1982 Stern Electronics.
A cross between "Robotron" and "Berzerk".
- TECHNICAL -
Main CPU : Zilog Z80 (@ 3.072 Mhz)
Sound CPU : Zilog Z80 (@ 1.78975 Mhz)
Sound Chips : (2x) General Instrument AY8910 (@ 1.78975 Mhz)
Screen orientation : Vertical
Video resolution : 224 x 256 pixels
Screen refresh : 60.61 Hz
Palette Colors : 99
Players : 2
Control : 8-way joystick
Buttons : 2
- TRIVIA -
Released in July 1982.
A bootleg of this game runs on the "Galaxian" hardware.
- SCORING -
Face : 50 points
Eyeball : 50 points
Squid : 70 points
Sickle : 60 points
Caterpillar : 50 points
Butterfly : 100 points
Propeller : 40 points
Cyclotron : 60 points
Tazz Man : 100 points
Hopper : 200 points
Little Hopper : 20 points
Bonus Room : 100 points x number collected.
- TIPS AND TRICKS -
* On screens where the enemies move consistently pick them all off in batches when they appear. You will then have a few seconds of clear time in which to shoot more hoppers before more enemies re-appear.
* In the caterpillar room, stay away from the edge of the screen as the enemies only move there. Once one complete a full circuit of the room, it will mutate into a butterfly which quickly homes in on you. Try not to let them complete a circuit.
* If you are about to be crushed by the walls, use a smart bomb as they are easier to obtain than extra lives. It's worth the price to save a life.
* In the bonus room, run over the higher numbers first, especially those to the left and right edges as they are quickly swallowed up by the moving walls.
* It's better to shoot the last little hopper near the top or bottom of the screen, as you then have some extra time in which to pick off a few more enemies before the walls close.
* The enemies appear opposite to your position. For example if you are at the bottom of the screen, they will appear at the top and move towards you.
* Try only to use smart bombs when the maximum number of enemies are on screen to maximise their effect and your points for doing so.
- STAFF -
Designed and programmed by : Chris Oberth, Gunar Licitis
- CONTRIBUTE -
Edit this entry: http://www.arcade-history.com/?&page=detail&id=2843&o=2
Licensed from Alexis Bousiges under a CC Attribution 3.0 License
00000000 80EE 00000099 FFFFFFFF Infinite Credits
00000000 8529 00000009 FFFFFFFF Infinite Lives
00000000 852F 00000008 FFFFFFFF Infinite Bombs
Credit Pugsy's MAME Cheat file